Formal night...Don't wanna go

mgkdk

Not flaming you in any way, just curious

Why do passengers book a cruise on a line that has "formal dress up nights' then announce they are not going to do it?

Sometimes, it's more that one may not be feeling up to it (I know of some people, including my hubby, who every once in awhile decides to skip a formal night. Sometimes, it's other things. And maybe some people take a look at all the tuxes and glittery dresses and feel intimidated. I'm not going to worry about why someone doesn't want to get dressed up. And if I'm sitting at a table in my LBD and sparkling jewelry, it's not going to bother me if someone doesn't wear a jacket and tie. I'm still going to have fun.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you say that in just about every long thread you participate in?

You’re wrong – I think I’ve posted the sentiment maybe twice (including this time).

I think the horse is dead but maybe another wack to make sure. The timing of the formal nights on our Jan. Grand cruise made me for the first time want to bow out. I was too bloomin tired for some reason. The only thing that made me want to dress up was the fear of the public feeding trough. It would seem to me that with anytime dining etc. That formal could be scheduled from like 7:30 on or some such so that the late arrivals and sun worshippers wouldn't offend others with their wet swim suits. When we had early traditional dining, it really cut into our day in order to get ready on time, we're definitely in the maybe for formal from now on.

Archived