Pirate Night??

mctennismom

We have been on 3 Disney cruises. Basically we dressed the same for all dinners. The pirate night was fun with the wait staff being dressed up. We saw very few diners that were dressed up in pirate attire. Have a great trip. Disney does it well.

We've done Pirate night in tropical clothes (bought when it used to be a tropical deck party) and in pirate costumes. Had a great time both ways. Both times we were with a large online group. On our 4 night Wonder cruise it seemed like our group was the only ones that dressed up but we got lots and lots of compliments from staff and fellow cruisers.

Cruisers on our cruise went the full spectrum...from standard dining clothes...to T-shirts and/or tropical wear...to full blown pirate costumes. Still have the bandana that we were given to wear!!! It was a fun night...enjoy yourself....

We dressed in "tropical attire" as well that night. My girls loved the pirate bandanas they gave us at dinner. (still have them hanging in their rooms) :D

Now that you mention it, I didn't see anyone, outside of staff, dressed in pirate attire.

We have done 3 pirate parties so far.

On the Wonder very few people dressed up. Even the wait staff didnt dress up.

On the Magic, the waiters were dressed as pirates, characters too. We had lots of people in full pirate attire. Some only in pirate headbands and t-shirts etc... But over all the Magic had 2/3 people dressed in something to do with pirates. On the Wonder maybe 50 people dressed up.

I do believe people on the 7 day cruises tend to go all out for things more than the 3 and 4 day cruises.

If you go to the dis boards and read the posts you'll see on the cruise meets that people are all planning their costumes for the party. So most of those who dress up have learned about it on the various cruise boards.

We ran into lots of people who asked us, How did you know to dress up? Nobody had told them and there is nothing in their paperwork to suggest it.

So I guess it just depends on how well educated the people on your crusie are about the party. I always dress up. I get all kinds of compliments from people and some think I am a CM, because of the way I am dressed.

mom x4,grandma x4

The thing is, you don't want to be standing there, if, and this is a big IF, on that cruise, that night, BEST COSTUMES win a free cruise! I've witnessed a number of winners of games and things awarded free cruises. I'm going on the 10/28, cruise this year, Trick or Treat. Dress up, and enjoy your cruise. Prepare yourself for a truly unique experiance, keep your exspectations, moderate, and be surprised! :) Metrowon

Archived