Lattitudes Card??

mardigras81

I hear people talking about the Lattitudes Line at check-in, we did get the previous NCL cruiser discount on our current trip, but to get in that line do you need a card?? I'm sure it's listed on our papers, right.

Also, what other benefits do you get for being a Lattitudes member? You are a member once you have been on a NCL cruise right??

Thanks

Here's what NCL has posted on their web site as Latitudes benefits:

• Members-only savings and discounts.

• Latitudes onboard liaison, the Port & Cruise Consultant, to answer your questions at sea.

• Onboard booking discounts and credits - see your Port & Cruise Consultant.

• Special check-in at select ports.

• Complimentary subscription to Latitudes, a quarterly magazine.

• Members-only cocktail reception hosted by the Captain.

• Special discounts at the Internet Café.

• A Latitudes membership card, your passport to future cruise savings and onboard recognition.

• Members of NCL's Latitudes Club are also entitled to Polo Club past-guest benefits when sailing on Orient Lines' Marco Polo.

Personally, I've only taken advantage of the special check-in and Latitudes cocktail party. As far as actually carrying the card at check-in, no, I got on the Latitudes check-in line and they never asked for my Latitudes card. I'm pretty sure it's indicated in the pre-registration info that they call up on the computer.

the other day i called to book another cruise on NCL and they asked me if I was lattitudes. i said yes i just returned on our 1st cruise on NCL they said yes we are automatically and they told me we should be getting a card in the mail...... still waiting.. :)

A not widely advertised perk of Latitudes is a bar discount.

One the first night we got a letter in our room telling us of a 15% discount in the Observation Lounge for certain hours. We had to bring the letter the first night and after that the staff remembered.

We used our Latitudes card in the express Latitudes line when boarding in Boston. It cut the time involved by at least half. You also get little Latitudes pins you could wear on your shirt collars. Basically Bronze, but Silver if have had 5 cruises or Gold if I believe 10 cruises. I don't remember many people wearing them and I felt a little dorky when I did.LOL Oh and the cocktail party was a blast. They were giving 2 or 3 drinks at time to you. No possible way you would leave remotely sober. LOL

Im A Lattitude Member And I Never Knew Of Special Check In At The Port. I Am Leaving Out Of Ny On 3/16. Where Would I Go? I Remember The Port To Be Crazy With Lines.... Any Advice

Just go to the Suite/Latitudes check in..you will have to go UPSTAIRS at the port. They will bring you downstairs for priority boarding:)

Also, take advantage of early check-in if they have it. When we went on the Dawn last June, there was a check-in table set up in the main seating area, before anything else was set up. This was not in the Latitudes area upstairs, but in the main area downstairs. We were amongst the first arrivers, and checked in there. Then, when they do open for boarding, you bypass the check-in area and just pick up your card, much faster!

Archived