Pride of America Balcony?

Ref611

Many will say it’s a must but I would rather save the money and use it in the ports or excursions. Th POA basically sails at night so not a lot to see that you can’t see on deck. Overnights in ports also take away use time. If money’s not a problem, book it. No real right answer as some people have to have a luxury car and some are happy with their Toyota.

• Like 1

If you decide for a balcony ... Port side is the side to go for, as when they do the sail-by the Na-Pali coast on Friday they come in the closest on the first pass. After that they turn around 

and sail-by again, but much further away from the coast.

Molokai-Chuck

• Like 3

We had a large balcony on the port side and loved it. So relaxing to sit out there with some cocktails during the sail by and listen to the narrative in the privacy of our own balcony. It is a floating hotel, but there is still beautiful scenery to look at. 

"Worth it" is hard to say as I don't know your budget and what's important to you. To us - it was worth it and we wouldn't ever sail in anything less than a balcony. But that's us, our priorities, our needs (claustrophobic hubby so the balcony helps him not feel trapped), and our wallet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NJGeorge said:

Balconies also give you a birdseye view of the mostly industrial ports as well. Think forklifts and backup alarms.

I would still get one though!

I think we were in Maui or Kauai - one of the overnighters - and got to watch dump trucks being filled.  I think it was Maui.

We paid for an aft cabin, would not do that again but would get a regular one.

• Like 2

Just got back from a cruise. I would not do the balcony on this cruise again. I don't believe it was worth the extra money. I believe it was smaller than other ships I have been on.

Like it was mentioned all ports are commercial ports. Not much to see.

Edited by Maeshel
addition
  • Like 1