Children clubs

Nomis321

Can anyone who has traveled recently advise on the current practices for the childrens club’s onboard 

l have seen the official policy of cohorts and under 5s needing to be supervised however I understand anecdotally that there has been some relaxation of the rules recently 

we are travelling at Christmas on Arvia with our 7 and 4 year olds and we trying to understand what is likely to be available 

Any information gratefully received 

We have just go yet off Iona so should be similar arrangements for your 7 year old but not sure for the 4 year old as our daughter is 10.

Her age group is split into two cohorts, on sea days you either got a morning or afternoon (3 hours) and on port days you either got an early or late afternoon slot (1.5 hours). Then in the evenings both groups could go between 6pm and 10:30 though suggested collection was 15 minutes earlier.

They said this was to allow more children to actually use the reef and certainly our impression was that there were way more on  board than on our last cruise.

Our daughter really enjoyed it and much rathered going there than spending time with us (to be fair the first night in the theatre we had Monroe (musical act) to replace the expected theatre show and that may have coloured her opinion). 
There was also a kinds science show in the main theatre and in the clubhouse as well as a kid’s magician, if during the holidays I wonder if they’ll be running that too.

I tried to upload the timetable but it’s failing.

Edited by Riddoch
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Gumpxyz said:

So do you need to book or can you just turn up? We’ve only been with RC before and never booked but going with P&O in the October half term so thinking it might be busy….

It will definitely be busy and we’re on the Ventura during the half term 👍

On all of our previous cruises we’ve pre booked but I do see people rocking up once on board and then do the admin formalities. 

7 hours ago, Riddoch said:

There did seem to be people booking in on the Saturday who hadn't pre-registered.

That’s all well and good when there’s spaces left but on one momentous cruise, pre pandemic and NOT P&O there was hell on because the kids club was oversubscribed 😳

Edited by devonuk
Grammar

Pre-pandemic I didn't think P&O could be over subscribed as they only allowed so many numbers of each age group on board. You will often see places available but once you put in the ages of children then no cabins are unavailable - change the age of the child and availability can appear again. I believe they still do this now with numbers on board but do not know if it has any impact with the current grouping system for kids clubs.

8 hours ago, BouncingWheel said:

Pre-pandemic I didn't think P&O could be over subscribed as they only allowed so many numbers of each age group on board. You will often see places available but once you put in the ages of children then no cabins are unavailable - change the age of the child and availability can appear again. I believe they still do this now with numbers on board but do not know if it has any impact with the current grouping system for kids clubs.

I agree that’s why I said NOT P&O 👍

• Like 1