Question regarding the health questionnaire at boarding

bobolz

I’m curious  for those who have recently traveled with SS, first, do you fill out a health questionnaire the day you board or just present your vaccine card and your proof of negative test? If a questionnaire, Does it ask whether you have had, recovered, or been around  someone with Covid within last 30 days? I’m assuming it should not matter if one had  Covid within 30 days or not , as long as they’ve  recovered  and have a negative test 48 hours before boarding(especially since CDC now says you only need to isolate for 5 days). I’m just curious how long we should stay away from people b4 our cruise  to avoid any chance of coming into contact with others that could be infected. That’s what we did last year, but 30 days now seems like overkill. 

thanks in advance 

Edited by bobolz

There was a health questionnaire done at time of boarding.  I also don't recall the exact questions but am pretty sure there was one about being around someone who tested positive.  However, I doubt the timing was 30 days -- maybe 10 or 14 (though I could be wrong about that).  

It's REALLY hard not to interact with people unless you're fortunate enough to be able to drive yourself to the cruise terminal.  You fly on a plane.  You take a taxi/ Uber.  You check into a hotel.  You eat in a restaurant.  And that's just getting there.  At home, you go to a store, get your hair / nails done, drop a key off with a neighbor, etc.  Of course, most of those people could test positive and you'd never know.

Masks may not protect you.  My DH is fastidious about masks.  Wore one on our cruise at all times other than when in our cabin (wore one if the butler or someone else came into the cabin) and when actively eating or drinking.  Wore it in the taxi, on the plane, etc.  Everywhere.  Three days after our cruise, he came down with COVID (has now fully recovered).  I was not nearly as diligent and I never got it.  You can only do your best.

• Like 1

Easy form to fill in. Does ask about covid contactsand a whole list of symptoms-yes or no answers.

Even before then to get into the terminal you need to show proof of your vaccination status.

Then present your health questionnaire to another port authority plus your vaccin details.

Then you are allowed to see an SS employees to present your vaccine documents to again.

This was embarcation in Barcelona a week ago.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your responses . I’m wondering if you were to contract Covid within 15-30 days of the cruise ship date , but have recovered within the CDC recommended  guidelines 5-10 days after symptoms first start, and no longer test positive, can you still board? The cancellation policy says if you contract or come in contact with someone with Covid within 30 days of cruise you can cancel and receive FCC. I’m just wondering is that a decision for me to make or SS will not accept anyone to board even if recovered  b4 boarding date and have a negative test? 

I am recently recovering from Covid but I do not want to take the booster.  My doctor says I do not need it. I’m sure by the time we sail in October I will no longer be positive and am happy to take the test 24-48 hours pre boarding but how can I get past the booster? 

If your last dose was less than 270 days ago you satisfy SS.

A letter from your doctor that you have recovered from Covid is useful though at the present the recovery should be in the last 30 days. Unfortunately the SS policy page does not mention this option but it is widely accepted elsewhere.

But there is still quite some time until October and things may change for the better before them,

Unfortunately I think I’m more confused, curious if there is anyone who has contracted or knowingly come into contact with someone with  Covid within 30 days of their cruise , but had officially recovered prior to boarding, (I.e per theCDC guidelines 5-10 days prior) and also tested negative 48hours prior , were you denied boarding, given another test , etc? We are approaching that 30 day window, luckily no Covid, but was not planning to isolate until maybe 2-3 weeks  b4 to avoid any potential contact. If we test negative per the 48 hour requirement , I just want to make sure answering the health questionnaire honestly of a potential infection will not result in denial of boarding. Possibly no one knows the answer, but if someone has experience that would be great. Of course I can call SS directly, but seems like sometimes there are conflicting responses from headquarters vs onboard. 

thanks again everyone for your help