Starting With Discovery Princess From LA 10/01...

The Mikado

I'm also on this cruise. Do you know for sure he ship is full? I know we'll have a great time either way but we'll never have the experience we had on the Majestic last year at 40%! My husband actually thought it was too quiet!

I've sailed on Discovery twice - first time in May when it was at reduced capacity, and again in July at full capacity (at least that is what we were told on board).  The first cruise was fantastic and was a little worried about the crowds on the second, but turned out not to be a big deal.  There were more/longer lines (buffet, coffee in the morning, disembarking at ports), but the common areas of the ship did not seem to be too crowded.  Never had a problem getting a seat in a bar or show although noticed that some events, like trivia, filled up pretty quick.  Possible that if you are late for a popular activity, you may be out of luck.

That said, while the crew mentioned a few times that the ship was "full", I had an issue with my cabin and they were able to find a new one for me.  Sounded like the folks who had it booked didn't make it on board.  Then walking down the hall to my cabin, saw two others that were empty.  One half of deck 9 was also closed for Covid quarantine.  Therefore, a "full" ship right now probably will be different than a full ship when things are back to normal.  I still wouldn't expect the experience to be much worse, though, it the ship just seems to be well laid out.

Cheers,  

47 minutes ago, DandDM said:

I've sailed on Discovery twice - first time in May when it was at reduced capacity, and again in July at full capacity (at least that is what we were told on board).  The first cruise was fantastic and was a little worried about the crowds on the second, but turned out not to be a big deal.  There were more/longer lines (buffet, coffee in the morning, disembarking at ports), but the common areas of the ship did not seem to be too crowded.  Never had a problem getting a seat in a bar or show although noticed that some events, like trivia, filled up pretty quick.  Possible that if you are late for a popular activity, you may be out of luck.

That said, while the crew mentioned a few times that the ship was "full", I had an issue with my cabin and they were able to find a new one for me.  Sounded like the folks who had it booked didn't make it on board.  Then walking down the hall to my cabin, saw two others that were empty.  One half of deck 9 was also closed for Covid quarantine.  Therefore, a "full" ship right now probably will be different than a full ship when things are back to normal.  I still wouldn't expect the experience to be much worse, though, it the ship just seems to be well laid out.

Cheers,  

I was on discovery 2 weeks ago.    No lines in Buffett no wait for dinner.
Shows were full but never had an issue finding a seat.    I actually get there a little early as I like to sit in the front row.  And did most every night.   
same with other events around the ship  trivia,karaoke and other events were always busy but could always find a seat.      
I tried to stay on another week and was told it’s sold out so.