Anybody getting married on Princess ????

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

We are getting married on the Crown Princess in April of 2007. We are getting married the day after we embark since it's the only day that we are at sea. We will have between 30 and 40 guests. We chose to get married by the captain and we will be having a reception dinner at Sabotini's - I am bringing my own decorations. I also wanted to reserve a loung after the dinner for some dancing.

I have never cruised with Princess so I'm hoping that everything will turn out alright :)

Hi,

We are getting married on the Sea Princess on May 13, 2007. This will be our first cruise ever. I am so thankful I came across this board, because it is full of so much great info. It seems like the majority of brides are doing a "tropical" cruise. Is there anyone out there that is doing a Mediterranean cruise also?

We are getting married at sea on January 21, 2007 on the Grand Princess. I hope to do a 2 hour hors d'oeuvre/open bar reception at Skywalkers and then dinner at Sabatinis. I can't wait!!!

GrandWedding2007,

I have just booked the Grand Princess for our daughter's wedding in April and we will be doing about the same thing you will. Please keep my e-mail address and let me know how everything goes and what you would or would not do differently. We have sailed on the Grand twice before and it's a lovely ship and I have a lot of confidence that Princess will do a good job. We have also dined in Sabatini's and loved it! I am especially interested in how well the flowers and your cake turn out. Also for FebWedding - I spoke with Princess today and Sabatinis will seat 90! I found that hard to believe, but I assume they rearrange tables and make it happen. It is definately well worth doing for the price.

Thanks,

Deborah

e-mail me at dalo2 at sbcglobal dot net

• 1 month later...

We are getting married on the Sun Princess Jan 11th/07 (leaving 9th-19th). We are having an "at sea wedding" but the Sun Princess does not have an actual chapel so we are getting married in the library. I am very concerned about, "how will they decorate that" and would love anyones advice or opinion. Has anyone else ever been married on the sun (Leaving from Ft. Lauderdale) or does anyone else have that booked?

hi all

We are getting married January 28 2007 on the Crown Princess (our only at sea day) after departing from San Juan on 1/27. We have asked to be married on deck. has anyone else gotten married on the first day? I am a little nervous about getting everything coordinated since we don't depart until 11 pm the night before. We are planning on having about 15 people with us and are hoping to have a cocktail reception and then dinner at either Sabatini's or the Crown Grill. How far in advance are you able to make reservations for dinner?

Kristen:)

KKAL474,

We were able to book the reservations at Sabatinis as well as the reception as soon as we booked the wedding. We have to finalize the count 60 days prior.

Good to know. I thought I had to have a final head count before I could make the reservation. I have a few people on the bubble still so I hadn't made the reservations yet. Thanks a lot

Kristen

• 2 years later...

Hello all! I am new here. I need your help.

I am from South Jersey very near Philadelphia.

I have a few questions:

1. I want to get married the week after Easter, 2009.

2. I want to go on a cruise from Philadelphia to the Carribean.

3. I think it would be cool to get married at sea by the Captain.

4. I live in New Jersey, not Pennsylvania, so I can't get married at the port in Philadelphia.

5. Does anyone have any info on how to do this?

Thank you !!!

glockenzul

Hello all! I am new here. I need your help.

I am from South Jersey very near Philadelphia.

I have a few questions:

1. I want to get married the week after Easter, 2009.

2. I want to go on a cruise from Philadelphia to the Carribean.

There don't seem to be any cruises departing from Philly this spring (looked at March & April). There are some on Royal Caribbean that depart from Port Liberty, New Jersey.

3. I think it would be cool to get married at sea by the Captain.

To get married at sea by the captain, you would have to sail on Princess or Celebrity (their Caribbean Cruises at that time of year depart from Florida & Puerto Rico).

4. I live in New Jersey, not Pennsylvania, so I can't get married at the port in Philadelphia.

5. Does anyone have any info on how to do this?

All of the cruise lines have wedding departments (they are through a company called The Wedding Experience) so you could start by contacting them to see what options they have (this late, availability may be limited). If you want to get married in a port you could work with a local wedding coordinator (you must use the cruiseline company for any weddings onboard the ship). You should also decide on length of cruise, cruiseline, etc. A travel agent can help with this part.

Thank you !!!

glockenzul

I've answered some of your questions in blue above. You will want to start very quickly on this as the week after Easter is spring break in many places. As a result, cruises tend to book pretty early. There has to be availability for both the cruise and the wedding to make it work. If you are able to travel to Florida for the cruise, you would probably have many more options.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

• 1 year later...

My boyfriend and I just got engaged on the Crown Princess sailing 4/24-5/1. We both love cruising and I'm debating if we should get married on the ship.

Those of you who have gotten married on the ship, would you recommend it? I'm just worried that some of my family is going to be upset because they can't afford to come and see the wedding.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated! :)

My boyfriend and I just got engaged on the Crown Princess sailing 4/24-5/1. We both love cruising and I'm debating if we should get married on the ship.

Those of you who have gotten married on the ship, would you recommend it? I'm just worried that some of my family is going to be upset because they can't afford to come and see the wedding.

Our daughter was married on the Ruby Princess (twin sister to the Crown) in 2009. It was the greatest experience and we would highly recommend it but there are several things you must be aware of.

There was a post on the Princess web site that had some discussion on it. Check it out here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182890&highlight=

If you have any questions, we would be glad to answer them.

Edited by BobT172

• 3 weeks later...

I will be getting married this September on the Emerald at sea. We had the same problem with our family not being too happy about it and I was sick for months trying to decide: do we stay here and marry to make others happy? or get married where we want?

We choose a cruise because it is a lot cheaper for our guests because food and lodging is covered and we find that most people that really want to be a part of OUR big day will be there for US. We starting planning over a year our so there were no excuses. You need to do what you want because it is your day. There will always be complaining from people, but it needs to be your day!

• 1 month later...

I am getting married on the ruby princess in february 2011. my fiancés family cant afford to go other then his mom and dad. we decided to have something with them when we get back home and get married how we want. sorta sucks but its what we want, our day :)

• 3 years later...

Hi Everyone!

First cruise and we're doing our ceremony and hor d'oeuvre reception onboard for our non sailing guests. I was wondering if any ones has done this and if you could share what the meal was like. Also, want to know how everything was set up too.

Hope to hear from you!

I'm getting married this Sunday on the Royal We have booked a reception with 3 food stations, pastry table and DJ in the disco. Wedding is harborside in the ship's chapel since there are more nonsailing guests than sailing guests.

Working with ROE has been very easy. Would highly recommend them.

Getting very excited since we're less than 1 week away.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi qtlilpanda,

Returned home yesterday and didn't want to forget to answer you. A more comprehensive review will follow but it's back to work tomorrow so that will have to wait.

Here goes: EXCEPTIONAL, BEYOND OUR EXPECTATIONS!!! Can't say enough how wonderful Princess responded. The food was presented on tables around the perimeter of the disco dance floor, all with servers ....elegant and beautiful. We had 3 stations...if you can afford one, get the shrimp cocktail fountain....all the guests raved about these jumbo shrimp. In fact, the quality of the food impressed all of us.

The horderves were varied, beautifully displayed, and also delicious. My suggestion would be to have them identified some way so that every one doesn't have to ask what it is.

The bar drinks flowed freely, no wait time. There was an abundance of servers who kept everyone's drinks full. Dishes were immediately removed and the room kept tidy. All of our guests were very excited and complimentary about the entire experience.

Feel free to ask anything...

I'm still flying high from a wonderful wedding/honeymoon experience.

Thanks for replying!

I'm so glad that you had such a memorable experience. :) Time really flew by. I was reading the past post and didn't realize 2 weeks went by. You're so sweet for remembering to reply. I appreciate it.

I do have a couple more questions...

Did you feel like the reception was really short..like you were pressed for time?

What other food stations did you get?

How did you like the photographers? Were they there the whole entire event?

Would love if you could share some pictures.I'm really glad everything turned out great on your wedding day. Sorry you had to go back to work so fast, but I'm most likely doing the same thing too.

I'll do my best to attach some scans of a few photo proofs. I'm not very tech savvy & don't know how to enlarge them. Also, I will only post photos that do not show our guests. Now to answer your questions:

Pressed for time? - Reception was 1 1/2 hrs. long. We did not cut and serve the wedding cake, although it was displayed and then delivered to our cabin. We later served it and some champagne with sailing guests the next evening. We had a dessert table and I requested chocolate. We had a choreographed first dance, several toasts and a brief time for dancing. I tell you this bc I didn't feel pressed for time but I would have enjoyed another 1/2 hour to mingle more. After the reception...we took group photos in the lobby which took about 1/2 hr and then the non-sailing guests had to depart.

Stations - We had the shrimp, a beef carving, and a pasta. You can choose 2 pastas and 2 sauces from a list provided by ROE. Our guests traveled far and we wanted to provide substantial food without being in the dining room. We also had the premium open bar.

Photographers - There was a photographer and a videographer. We added an additional 1 hour of their time to be present for the entire reception and then later take a few sunset shots. (Cost $99). Definitely worth it.

There are several packages and ala carte choices. Try to get the proofs asap to look at them. We were given approx. 500 proofs in NO order and had to choose a limited # for the slideshow and photo album....very time consuming. Luckily my groom was patient and helpful. (We are older and this was a 2nd marriage for both of us). I had music on a disc which the videographer used for our video (about 15mins. long)...loved it. They do not barter on the prices however, we did negotiate items and made some slight changes in a package.

Hope this helps.

Scan0001.jpg.408848d6967dce3316f4f7e80115290c.jpg

Scan0002.jpg.c359db8e48323173efbfa80d7012a043.jpg

Scan0003.jpg.8d539af734ba912c0ed451bd90b66caa.jpg

Scan0004.jpg.1f0a71af0409af90ca31d9e5a84d4221.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This will be the first cruise, not only for my FI and I but all of our guest as well!! We are planning an Alaskan cruise on Princess in May of 2015. Still deciding between 2 ship, Ruby and Crown. We are just beginning this process, but CC has already been so helpful! Congrats to you all and I can't wait to read more about your experiences!