Dining room dress for children

deb380

WalMart sells the pants that zip off too. We bought my 11 year old some before we went on our last cruise. Super cheap. Less than 8.00 a pair.

Smokett, that sounds great for my 2 year old, however the 5 year old has special fit needs...his waist is a 2T, but length is a 5T. Gap pants are the only pants I have ever found that have the inside adjustable waist. :(

Thanks for the tip though, I will check it out for the baby.

Ok, rather that start another thread I thought I'd get opinions on Capris pants for girls in the dining room. I would think they are ok, and my daughter has a lot of them. She's in that stage where she's not into dresses, but does have a couple really nice dresses for the formal nights. She likes getting dressed up, just not on a daily basis. What do you think?

Shawn

I'm starting to pack today, for our cruise less than three weeks away on the Conquest!!!!

Smokett, that sounds great for my 2 year old, however the 5 year old has special fit needs...his waist is a 2T, but length is a 5T. Gap pants are the only pants I have ever found that have the inside adjustable waist. :(

Just FYI...I have the same problem with my daughter, and Old Navy also has the adjustable waist (inside) pants.

I wonder if they will have the zip leg pants too....

Ok, rather that start another thread I thought I'd get opinions on Capris pants for girls in the dining room. I would think they are ok, and my daughter has a lot of them. She's in that stage where she's not into dresses, but does have a couple really nice dresses for the formal nights. She likes getting dressed up, just not on a daily basis. What do you think?

Shawn

I'm starting to pack today, for our cruise less than three weeks away on the Conquest!!!!

I think capri's are fine as long as they are matched with a dressier shirt/blouse and dress sandals.

Capris and a t-shirt just won't cut it....

but it sounds like you already know that :)

Also, FYI....Old Navy has the adjustable inside waist....LOVE it as I too have a small waisted son.

Just FYI...I have the same problem with my daughter, and Old Navy also has the adjustable waist (inside) pants.

I wonder if they will have the zip leg pants too....

Yep, you are right - - they do have the adjustable waist - - Old Navy and Gap are the same company. Forgot about that! Hanna Andersson has draw string pants for boys, but mine has an issue with independently getting them on and off and at school it's a must.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am thinking the original poster got the opinions she came for...and then some!

Yep, you are right - - they do have the adjustable waist - - Old Navy and Gap are the same company.

You know, I forgot about them being the same company...duh. Them and Banana Republic are all intertwined.

Shawn

I think capris are perfect for casual night! My daughter and I will more than likely be wearing them on a few nights as well. Capris with a nice top and sandals look cute, are comfortable, and can be worn all night.

Oh, and I already have a packing list and I don't leave for 293 days...;)

No shorts or jeans in the dining room for kids. Think of it as if your going to a very fancy restaurant. Would you let your kid where shorts? I'd be embarrassed, don't know about you. I'm sure your son would feel uncomfortable and out of place as well.:o

No shorts or jeans in the dining room for kids. Think of it as if your going to a very fancy restaurant. Would you let your kid where shorts? I'd be embarrassed, don't know about you. I'm sure your son would feel uncomfortable and out of place as well.:o

There are some people that feel if they pay their money no one is authorized to have rules that differ from what they want to do because they paid to do it. Not hard to understand, don't agree with it, but understand. It's all about me and my rights and if I've paid don't try and tell me what I or my family (including kids) can and can't wear, remember we paid and we're on vacation

I'd be embarrassed if I wrote "would you let your kid where shorts."

So Judy is the grammar cop on duty? I and most others knew what was meant. So go ahead and be embarrased "Grammar Cop"

heyitsmejudy

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Feb 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by duskview

No shorts or jeans in the dining room for kids. Think of it as if your going to a very fancy restaurant. Would you let your kid where shorts? I'd be embarrassed, don't know about you. I'm sure your son would feel uncomfortable and out of place as well.

I'd be embarrassed if I wrote "would you let your kid where shorts."

To moms of toddler boys, who like me, do not want to pack a lot: I saw the coolest thing at Baby Gap this weekend...pants for boys that turn into shorts! That's right, they are nice khaki material and actually "zip off" just below the knee to become shorts.

What a great idea! Check it out

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=12384&pid=348054

We LOVE these and also the beach pants from Hanna Andersson that can either be worn pant length or rolled up and fastened to board short length.

Shawn

Shawn,

I'd say it really depends on the style of the capris, some are tighter fitting and more "clam digger" style which to me would be too informal even for informal nights. Gaucho pants are very popular right now and I think they'd be great for "casual" nights, they look more like a split skirt than capris.

Check you out already packing! We leave Saturday and um, I"m still shopping for my second bathing suit!!:D

We LOVE these and also the beach pants from Hanna Andersson that can either be worn pant length or rolled up and fastened to board short length.

Ohhh Hanna beach pants?! I am lucky enough to have a store near me, going to have to check it out holly. (by the way, LOVE your screen name! :))

Archived