portofino's reservations

when we were on the jewel in december '04, we ate at portofino's twice and i remember making the reservations on the phone the day of. we were on the serenade this past december and by 4:00 boarding day the place was completely booked!! my brother just returned from an adventure cruise and he had the same problem.

we will be on the explorer in june and have an owners suite so i know that one of the perks is reservations to portofino's.....but this december, i will be on the mariner and not in a suite....so..... how and when do i make my reservations?

Honestly? I would still, even with the suite, go up there the day of embarkation and book your day and time. You can see them write it down right in front of you and honestly you will not be dissapointed. It does book up and why take a chance?

We've been cruising on the Voyager Class the last couple of years and usually dine at Portofino's one night. What we've done is when we "board" the ship, we simply walk through the Promenade and Portofino's has a table set up right there. You can make reservations on the spot!

Happy cruising!

I also heard it's best to make the reservations as soon as you board, but I have no experience in that department because I have never eaten at either Portofino's or Chops!

What is the best night to eat at either Portofino's or Chops? I heard NOT on formal night (eat in the dining room) and what time is the best in your opinion? What have you experienced .... 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 pm?

Thanks!

I also heard it's best to make the reservations as soon as you board, but I have no experience in that department because I have never eaten at either Portofino's or Chops!

What is the best night to eat at either Portofino's or Chops? I heard NOT on formal night (eat in the dining room) and what time is the best in your opinion? What have you experienced .... 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 pm?

Thanks!

We ate there during one of the formal nights and it was great. Surprisingly it was not very crowded. The food and staff were excellent.

Archived