Shipboard credit on Expedition Cruise

Folkfan13

We have $500 credit on an Antarctic cruise that is (as I understand it) all inclusive.   We aren't interested in doing the submarine.    How do people use this credit on an all includes cruise?    I was hoping I could charge my pre-cruise clothes to it (a Seabourn link), but not optimistic on that.     Looking forward to thoughts.

2 hours ago, DC Traveler244 said:

You can also use some or all of the credit for shopping or a donation to the crew welfare fund.

Unfortunately non-redeemable OBCs cannot be used towards crew welfare fund donations.

47 minutes ago, DC Traveler244 said:

We’ve done it multiple multiple times. 

In that case, you must have had redeemable OBCs (which is just like cash) to apply towards crew funds.  Otherwise, non-redeemable OBCs are never good towards the crew fund.

• Thanks 1

To follow up on my previous (redundant) post, on several SB voyages we’ve gone to Seabourn Square and asked them to apply some or all of our OBC to the crew welfare fund. We had to sign an authorization form, but they were happy (and grateful) to do this. 

Has your experience been different?

24 minutes ago, DC Traveler244 said:

To follow up on my previous (redundant) post, on several SB voyages we’ve gone to Seabourn Square and asked them to apply some or all of our OBC to the crew welfare fund. We had to sign an authorization form, but they were happy (and grateful) to do this. 

Has your experience been different?

Is this directed at me?  If so, yes, I've always had to sign an authorization form to donate to the crew fund before the amount is charged to my account, and none of my (non-redeemable) OBCs cannot be allocated to settle this amount - it is a new charge on my account.

BTW, for those who don't know the difference between redeemable and non-redeemable OBCs, please do a search - this topic has been discussed many times on this board over the years.

In short, most OBCs are non-redeemable, e.g. shareholders, first time guest referral, marketing and voyage-specific promotions from Seabourn, etc... basically everything that is funded by Seabourn.  (Previously, travel-agent consortium OBCs were redeemable, but the one that I used to get from my TA has turned non-redeemable last year due to a rule change by Seabourn.)

• Thanks 1