Celebrity App Itinerary

judatt

I’ve got an issue I haven’t seen before. We booked a Baltic cruise for next summer on the Apex. Received an email that they were cancelling the St Petersburg stop so we decided to cancel and see if it might be added in the future. Our travel agent recommended that rather than cancelling we transfer our deposit to another cruise which we did. We are now on the Solstice this October. If I log in on celebrity’s website everything is fine. However, if I go to te celebrity app, it still shows our Baltic itinerary. Since it was a transfer, the booking number remains the same. Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

I'm guessing it's an issue of replicating data from one set of servers to another, i.e., the website probably runs on one bank of servers and the app's data is on another set of servers. Something like that. Hopefully the app's database will catch up with the website in a day or two.

If that doesn't happen you can email the app's IT team -- should be able to find that email address in the app somewhere, or maybe on the Google Play or Apple istore page for the Celebrity app. I've actually emailed them before and got a fairly quick and very informative reply.

16 hours ago, Moonarino said:

I'm guessing it's an issue of replicating data from one set of servers to another, i.e., the website probably runs on one bank of servers and the app's data is on another set of servers. Something like that. Hopefully the app's database will catch up with the website in a day or two.

If that doesn't happen you can email the app's IT team -- should be able to find that email address in the app somewhere, or maybe on the Google Play or Apple istore page for the Celebrity app. I've actually emailed them before and got a fairly quick and very informative reply.

Thanks for your input. I went back to the app and it still showed the apex data. I played around and got to the page of the app where it showed the ships supported by the app. I clicked on Solstice and it gave me the next several cruises. I clicked on our Oct 15 cruise and it switched to that cruise On the app. 
looks like we are good to go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nado44 said:

I had this issue previously. The fix is to remove and reinstall the Celebrity app.

Or just do what @judattdid, which refreshed the app's data for that particular ship and booking.

Could also try (if you're inclined) to open the phone's Settings > Apps (or Applications or Manage Applications, it varies) > scroll down to the Celebrity app > tap "Storage" and find the button to "Clear Cache" (not Data, but see *** below). That would force the app to reload the data, without wiping your login or anything else important.

This is actually good to know for any phone app that's misbehaving. Clearing cache just wipes "temporary" data, nothing actually important.

*** Clearing "Data" is roughly equivalent to reinstalling the app. Also good to know for "worst case" misbehavior.