What to do outside of camp carnival

akinest

We set sail on the Carnival Glory the beginnig of April with our 3ry son. We want to utilize the camp carnival program, but we also want to spend time with our son on board. Besides swimming what other types of things can we do with a child that age without having to bring a bunch of toys from home?

Thanks everyone

Our youngest was just 3 when she started cruising and let me forewarn you, when you pick them up from Camp Carnival it's a big scene. And that's not from not wanting to be there, it's from not wanting to leave. They have lots of stuff for little ones, but my then 3 year olds favorites were the finger painting, the playdoh, the large plastic playhouse, and the toybox full of cars, trucks, stuffed animals, etc. :)

But if that's not enough to entertain him, there's lots of other things my little ones liked to do while not in Camp Carnival. They loved to go to the shopping area and look at the toys. If they were good they occasionally got a little something. They also enjoyed many of the shows, especially the shows with lots of dancing and music or especially the magic shows. They also liked to go to the arcade for a little while, which most Carnival ships have. I also used to get a little blow up baby pool for a dollar at the Dollar Tree. They're very small, perfect enough for a small child and the package is tiny enough to slip into your luggage or carry on bag.

I even used it for little baths in the bathroom since most cabins don't have bathtubs and my little one was afraid of showers. When deflated you can tuck it away anywhere, but it really came in handy around the pool. While I sunbathed my little one took her toy sailboats, rubber ducky, etc. and played with them in the little pool. I just took our ice tub from the cabin along with me to fill up the pool. It was such a small pool (maybe 3 feet or so in diameter) that it filled up pretty quick. My daughter only required a few inches of water to play in and I liked having her right beside me. She even made friends with other toddlers who came over to join her. You can also take your little one for a slice of pizza or a burger and fries which is free and right by the pool. There is also free soft serve ice cream at most of the buffets around lunch time. Carnival is a very family friendly cruise line and our kids have never been bored or needed toys from home, with the exception of the little blow up pool etc. I talked about earlier and that had a dual purpose. Overall, I doubt your little one will need much to keep him busy.;)

Archived