beach snorkeling nassau

xyzcruiser

I have taken all the ship's snorkeling excursions for Nassau and found them very mediocre. So last time I went I researched and bought a day pass for Melia on Cable Beach, the resort was great but the no one was allowed in the water due to high surf so they refunded my money, but by the time I got back to the ship too late to do something else. Fast foward through my 3 covid cancelled cruises, I'm on a b2b in December with a stop each week in Nassau. Any suggestions for beach snorkeling? The only day pass I see for a hotel near Cable is Baha Mar which is for a water park and is $160 which is too expensive as I have no interest in the water park. Can I just take a taxi to Cable Beach or do you need to have a pass from one of the hotels there? As I am travelling alone, I need to have a somewhat popuIated beach since I have no dive buddy.  I am willing to take an excursion if the snorkeling is good. I am looking to go somewhere different each week but I have no interest in sightseeing or just laying on a beach. Thanks for your help.

Check out: https://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/nassau-excursions/

They have a few different snorkeling excursions. We did the full day trip to Rose Island and the snorkeling(and food!) were really good. They picked us up right in front of the cruise terminal. Rose Island is beautiful and the coral heads offshore were in really good shape.

• 5 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 11:01 AM, xyzcruiser said:

I have taken all the ship's snorkeling excursions for Nassau and found them very mediocre. So last time I went I researched and bought a day pass for Melia on Cable Beach, the resort was great but the no one was allowed in the water due to high surf so they refunded my money, but by the time I got back to the ship too late to do something else. Fast foward through my 3 covid cancelled cruises, I'm on a b2b in December with a stop each week in Nassau. Any suggestions for beach snorkeling? The only day pass I see for a hotel near Cable is Baha Mar which is for a water park and is $160 which is too expensive as I have no interest in the water park. Can I just take a taxi to Cable Beach or do you need to have a pass from one of the hotels there? As I am travelling alone, I need to have a somewhat popuIated beach since I have no dive buddy.  I am willing to take an excursion if the snorkeling is good. I am looking to go somewhere different each week but I have no interest in sightseeing or just laying on a beach. Thanks for your help.

Can you share what you ended up doing in Nassau?