Covid testing in Rio

RoddyGateau

In July Azamara announced the discontinuation of pre-boarding Covid testing with the proviso that testing would still be required if local rules required it.
 “The pre-cruise testing remains as a requirement for travelers embarking in a port where these protocols remain. In those cases, guests will still need to produce a negative COVID-19 test before sailing. A list of these ports is provided here.” Rio de Janiero is one of the ports listed as still requiring testing, however, In April, Brazil discontinued Covid testing on arrival for fully vaccinated passengers. Can anyone offer any insight into this apparent discrepancy?

1 hour ago, RoddyGateau said:

In July Azamara announced the discontinuation of pre-boarding Covid testing with the proviso that testing would still be required if local rules required it.
 “The pre-cruise testing remains as a requirement for travelers embarking in a port where these protocols remain. In those cases, guests will still need to produce a negative COVID-19 test before sailing. A list of these ports is provided here.” Rio de Janiero is one of the ports listed as still requiring testing, however, In April, Brazil discontinued Covid testing on arrival for fully vaccinated passengers. Can anyone offer any insight into this apparent discrepancy?

Are you viewing the list of embarkation ports in a mobile (cellphone) browser?

If you are, I suggest that you try looking at  it from a desktop computer. Notice any difference?

It seems to me that the cell/mobile version is listing whether your vaccinations have to of a type approved by the CDC, rather than whether testing is required!

This was changed a while back to 'Testing', but seems to have reverted to 'CDC Vaccination approval', which - obviously - is very different.

Please note: I do not currently have access to a desktop computer.

2 minutes ago, blag said:

Are you viewing the list of embarkation ports in a mobile (cellphone) browser?

If you are, I suggest that you try looking at  it from a desktop computer. Notice any difference?

It seems to me that the cell/mobile version is listing whether your vaccinations have to of a type approved by the CDC, rather than whether testing is required!

This was changed a while back to 'Testing', but seems to have reverted to 'CDC Vaccination approval', which - obviously - is very different.

Please note: I do not currently have access to a desktop computer.

Thanks, I’ll check that.