Norwegian Encore or Norwegian Escape, which would you choose?

ID Cruiser

On 8/24/2022 at 11:10 PM, FlGoodShips said:

We love the Encore. So much more to do for 17 yr olds too. Seemed like more her age on Encore than Escape. We love both, but with your daughter, I would choose Encore. If in the future, just the 2 of you, then I recommend you try Escape. Good luck in choosing and happy cruising.🛳

My son enjoyed the Escape over the Bliss because he is active and likes to play basketball and other out door activities. On The Bliss just like the Encore they removed the whole sports deck and replaced it with go carts and lazer tag. After you do those two you probably wont go again.

Based on ship alone? For us, personally (40s, no kids), Escape would be my choice because I really like Spice H20 for a warm weather itinerary. The observation lounge on the Encore would be a winner for Alaska. 

Factoring in the 17 year old, I'd just ask them to pick which ship they like better, based on things like go carts vs. ropes course. 

I also found big differences in homeports for winter 2022. I have not sailed out of Port Canaveral, and we fly in, so after reading about the port the Escape was leaving from, it seemed a bit inconvenient for us. That made the decision for me to stick to Miami and sailing the Encore.