Casual Shorts in the dining rooms

kathas2boys

Not cool at all - I think it was a bit disrespectful to your fellow diners.

Honestly, I don't think our fellow diners noticed and if they did I doubt they really cared:rolleyes: Besides we were seated with friends/family. Dh wore a collared golf shirt and once he was sitting nobody was the wiser.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into a "fashion" debate with you so lets just agree to disagree. :)

~Connie

I'm sure this is one of those where I will sit up in bed around two in the morning and realize what this means.:confused: :o

You'll have to figure it out for yourself....I'd type it in for you but being female I really don't like the expression :mad: Like I said, it's kinda disrespectful....why am I even talking about it? :confused: :)

You'll have to figure it out for yourself....I'd type it in for you but being female I really don't like the expression :mad: Like I said, it's kinda disrespectful....why am I even talking about it? :confused: :)

OK, now I know if I holler it out when I sit up, my wife will kill me. That narrows it down.:eek:

We were on the Crown last May (philly to Bermuda) and while most of the time the rules were "relaxed" ie bringing the teenagers to the Top of the Crown after 9pm, the dress code was adhered to. Our first night we went to the Italian place and we almost were not seated because we all had jeans on- however our bags still had not arrived in our cabin so the maitre d' let us in. At the 7 Seas absolutely no jeans or shorts or tank tops (men) at any dinner seating. However the Yacht Club (buffet) you wear whatever.

Most night my husband and son wore khaki type pants with polo shirts and my daughter and I wore sundresses and capris.

have a great first cruise.

Linda;)

Shoreguy's got it :D sounds like "egg" beater :eek:

wife sounds like egg? In what language?

The tank-top got that horrible name from the fact that it was popular attire in some of the more red-neck areas, hence the association.

The tank-top got that horrible name from the fact that it was popular attire in some of the more red-neck areas, hence the association.

sjbdtz - I thought that it came from NY and Italian immigrants. No offense to Italians or immigrants!! That is just where I always heard it started.

I posted on another thread that a singlet is a collarless shirt worn by men... basically any undershirt t-shirt, a-shirt etc.

~Intrepid

We were on the Jewel last week and had noticed several men wearing shorts in Tsars a couple of nights. On Saturday night, we went to dinner at Mama's after spending the day on the island and then packing. My husband wore dressy khaki shorts and an 'island' shirt. The hostess would not let him in, so he had to change. My sons (9 & 6) were similarly attired, but were allowed in. When he got back from changing, he talked to the hostess and explained why he had worn shorts.

Later, a couple was shown to the table behind us. The woman was wearing worn looking jeans and a tank top (under an open jacket, but clearly visible). The man was wearing nylon windpants and a t-shirt that had some slogan on it (who's your daddy or something along those lines). I felt that they were NOT appropriately attired compared to my husband. We did not make an issue out of it as the previous week had been wonderful and did not feel like ending the trip on a sour note.

I really feel that the enforcement of the dress code is fairly subjective. The freestyle daily says that jeans, shorts, and tank tops are not permitted after 5pm, but the hostess did not know anything about the prohibition on jeans or tank tops!

My boys wore khakis and a button up shirt each night and wore deck shoes. The shorts came back on after dinner.

Archived