Countdown Already to Celebrity Solstice Cruise

ScottC4746

YIPPIE!!!!! ONLY 5 MORE DAYS!!!!

I know I had created a bevy of posts regarding my upcoming Alaska cruise, and I just wanted to thank everyone for answering them for me.  I found numerous ship tours on Youtube and she is a beautiful ship!!  I just can't sleep now getting so excited.  Must also remember to breath.  

Actually our trip begins Wednesday.  While we live up to road about 15 minutes from LAX, we are staying at the Sheraton LAX so we have airport shuttle Thursday morniing for our 6 AM Delta flight to Seattle.  Then we are at the Marriott Waterfront Hotel and another quick shuttle on Friday to the cruise terminal.

Still no Edocs or luggage tags.  Thanks to you all I am more relaxed about that.  Xpress Pass, passport, proof of Vax, testing proof is all I need.  Luggage tags from the porter.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, misha1 said:

We sail after you.  Can you tell me what Shuttle service you are using to the pier?

I rang up to the hotel and they told me it is their shuttle.  I am using Execucar from the airport to the hotel.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Just FYI (I assume you know this already), Celebrity is using the Smith Cove terminal this year not the pier opposite the Marriott.

Yes, Pier 91.  I am Marriott loyal and this one came up as the closest Marriott.  I think price also had something to do with it.  We also have an RSVP at Anthony's Pier 66 which is right across the street.

12 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Yes, Pier 91.  I am Marriott loyal and this one came up as the closest Marriott.  I think price also had something to do with it.  We also have an RSVP at Anthony's Pier 66 which is right across the street.

Your in a great location and having dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. If your interested check out Wings Over Washington, Ye Olde Curiosity Shop and Olympic Sculpture Park on the waterfront. 

• Like 1

Scott:  I hope you report on your Solstice experience.

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront last September and also this past June for Alaska cruises.  The Solstice has used Pier 91 (Smith Cove) for some time.  Celebrity uses Pier 66 (Bell Street) for port calls but last summer did actually use it for most Millennium embarkation and disembarkation as NCL wasn't using Pier 66 at that time.

@misha1:  We used the Marriott shuttle service to Pier 91 in June.  I don't recall the name of the company.  The Marriott concierge arranged it, and the cost was approximately $11 or $12 per person.  After our two weeks on the Solstice the shuttle returned us to the Marriott.  It was an extremely organized operation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

I used a free night certificate in May and stayed at the W, although I would not select that property again as it was horrible. Next time I'm staying at the Westin or the Renaissance.

5 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I used a free night certificate in May and stayed at the W, although I would not select that property again as it was horrible. Next time I'm staying at the Westin or the Renaissance.

We used to stay downtown, but then found the beautiful Cedarbrook lodge with free airport shuttle. The grounds are beautiful gardens. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet (very good) Thursday thru Sundays. Then we use Quality Town Car service to the pier. 

I would relish a Solstice review.  Called Marriott Waterfront to inquire about shuttle.  Thank you for that info.  Cost is 11 pp plus tip ( optional but I always show appreciation for luggage handling)  We will also have a breakdownable scooter... no problemo I was told.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, misha1 said:

I would relish a Solstice review.  Called Marriott Waterfront to inquire about shuttle.  Thank you for that info.  Cost is 11 pp plus tip ( optional but I always show appreciation for luggage handling)  We will also have a breakdownable scooter... no problemo I was told.  

We have tried other Alaskan cruises, but have now done the Solstice cruise 4 times. Three of those were 2016-2018 with Captain Tasos. What a great time! Even our adult children loved the Solstice. This year we couldn’t wait to return to our favorite ship!

It was so great to be aboard and treated to the excellent service. Brent Nixon was back on board speaking again about whales,bears,eagles and of course the best commentary ever as you enter the scenic glacier areas. He is outstanding!

We enjoy the quiet Aqua class staterooms and excellent service in the Blu. Cafe al Bacio serves up the best coffees while watching for whales.

This year we only enjoyed the Skagway Train excursion, but did walk around the other towns.

We did have dinner at Tuscan twice and had the delicious filet and chocolate pistachio crème brûlée.  We also had lunch at Sushi on 5 and dinner at LePetit Chef. Although it was entertaining the food at Chef was not very good and not worth the expense. Embarkation was very chaotic and unorganized, but disembarkation was very easy as we used the luggage valet program.
If your flight leaves after 12 noon the port will deliver your luggage to Sea Tac. You pay the cruise line your baggage fees and they will print your boarding fees and luggage tags. We were able to walk off with only our carry on luggage and easily meet our town car driver. 

Prepare yourself for a long wait at SeaTac security check.  It took us 45 minutes to get through. 
Once we arrived home the following 48 hours 2 of our party of 6 tested positive for Covid. None of us symptoms while on the cruise. We did mask in mandatory or crowded areas. 
We had a great time on the cruise! We are now booked on the Reflection for February and can’t wait! 
Enjoy your cruise!

If you like the Soltice in Alaska, look at it for Mexico trips. I already booked 4, and all have different itineraries, including Catalina, Ensenada, and CA coastal cities in April. Mexico also makes it easier to enjoy the pool deck, lawn area, and outdoor dining and drinking areas, to help spread out passengers more. If you're local, you also save a lot on travel expenses and the steep taxes/fees sailing from Seattle, and with so much competition now for Mexico cruises, Soltice prices are very good ($200-300 for a solo inside for the cruises I booked, including two with all-included). My next Solstice is on October 1, and I'm looking forward to trying different dishes, drinks, and meeting friendly crew members I got to know in Alaska. I also just bought 100 shares of RCL today, given its recent drops, so I can add $100 OBC to each of my cruises also. 

23 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Scott:  I hope you report on your Solstice experience.

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront last September and also this past June for Alaska cruises.  The Solstice has used Pier 91 (Smith Cove) for some time.  Celebrity uses Pier 66 (Bell Street) for port calls but last summer did actually use it for most Millennium embarkation and disembarkation as NCL wasn't using Pier 66 at that time.

@misha1:  We used the Marriott shuttle service to Pier 91 in June.  I don't recall the name of the company.  The Marriott concierge arranged it, and the cost was approximately $11 or $12 per person.  After our two weeks on the Solstice the shuttle returned us to the Marriott.  It was an extremely organized operation.

That price sounds about what we were quoted.  We bought the airport transfer ship to airport on our return.