Celebrity "Drinks Experiences"

njguy_south

Hi. Has anyone experienced either of the following "Drinks Experiences" on Celebrity? 

*Food and Wine Pairing Workshop

*Mixology 101

What were they like?  How many guests participated? How long did the experience last? Was it an experience or not worth the time and money? Any other thoughts? (Thanks!)

28 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

Hi. Has anyone experienced either of the following "Drinks Experiences" on Celebrity? 

*Food and Wine Pairing Workshop

*Mixology 101

What were they like?  How many guests participated? How long did the experience last? Was it an experience or not worth the time and money? Any other thoughts? (Thanks!)

The Mixology Class.  I took it on the Equinox. (October '21)  It was held at the World Class Bar.  There were maybe 12 of us.   It was fun.  There are threads if you search for it.  I posted pictures of the drinks.  I can post here, if you'd like.   There were 4.  The 4th was smoked zacapa so that wasn't 'made'.  The other three were full size.  All different glasses, techniques, tools and ingredients. 

They were drinks not on the World Class Bar menu.   We could also go back the rest of the cruise and ask and they would make them for us.  (Of course having the premium drink package to cover them)

I have it booked on my upcoming Beyond cruise so it will be interesting to see what drinks and techniques are shown for that one. Different or the same? 

I believe they used to have you go behind the bar and make the drinks after they showed everything.  For us, post covid shutdown, there were some things we each did hands on but we didn't go behind the bar or make the drinks.  We had steps we would do during the process.  

It lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes.  

There were two of the World Class Bartenders that ran it. I think the bartenders and their personalities definitely add to the experience.  

🍹

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We did the Mixology Class on Silhouette in March '22.  There were 8 of us in the World Class Bar.  Our experience was very similar to PinkSandGirl...  around 1.5 hours, made 4 drinks, all off of the regular menu, different spirits and glasses, etc.  It was a ton of fun!  It helped that my wife and I did it with friends we had made on the cruise.  There was a theme that I can't remember now but I know the last drink was Strawberry Cheesecake.  Every drink was amazing and it was a great way to connect with our favorite bartenders at the World Class... we would did it again in a heartbeat! 

IMG_3154.jpeg

IMG_3155.jpeg

IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3157.jpeg

• Like 3