Excursion cancelation DILEMNA

marktwothousand

Last year we went on a Dec. Getaway cruise.  There was one excursion we tried to sign up.  I could only sign up 1 person, and decided to do that.  After that, that was only available in other languages but not English.   I called and was told there is no waitlist, we just have to keep checking and there may be cancellation.

Two weeks later, the English tour showed up, meaning there is space.  I tried to sign up online but it kept giving error.  I called and the NCL lady was able to add my wife to the English tour.

The problem was NCL charged two times for my wife.  I called about it, and they said they can see the double charge and I don't have to do anything and they (the agent) doesn't have to do anything, just wait and I'll be refunded.  I was kind of skeptical, and waited for I think 2 weeks before a refund did show up.

On the day of the tour, our bus was waiting and not moving, while all other buses had left the port area.  Then one guy came on our bus.  Turned out he signed up for Spanish language of the same tour, and when he got on that bus he asked, and they decided to send him over to us. 

When I was checking on the excursion online for my wife (for that 1 more seat) there were spaces for other languages (Spanish, French, German) but not English for a long time, until one day it was available and we got it.  That guy either didn't read and didn't know he was signing up for Spanish tour, or knowingly signed up and hoped he can ask and be changed to the English speaking group.