My Pacific Coastal Encore cruise has disappeared

mickeysgal

We are booked on a 5 day May 1-6 Encore cruise booked - Pacific Coastal.  Starting in LA, ending in Vancouver. 

I just checked it Sunday night and was looking at other cabins (debating to switch).  Checked it yesterday - Monday - and now can't find the cruise at all.

Sunday - there were TONS of cabins available, so it can't realistically be sold out.  Called NCL today, and at first she told me it's sold out.  Makes no sense.  When I told her there were tons of available cabins the day prior, she then said, it's still scheduled and she sees no info on displacement of it.  I'm still seeing it listed in my account on NCL.  I've received no emails from NCL saying its been cancelled...

This cruise ends in Vancouver on the 6th.  I'm seeing Encore sailing the 7th out of Seattle.  Would they move an empty ship from Vancouver to Seattle? 

What most likely is going on with this sailing?  Will it be cancelled, reconfigured with different ports to end up in Seattle?  What has happened in this situation in the past?  Anyone venture a guess?  It's disappointing...we've lined up both of our jobs around this cruise - it took some doing to get it done too.  Ugh.

I also noticed that sailing disappeared, as I was trying to decide between it and the Bliss Pacific Coastal in April 2023.

It's most likely a web glitch. The NCL IT team often makes backend changes on Fridays and it messes things up over the weekend. Wait a few days and then check again. A week or two ago, a few months worth of the Epic's sailings just randomly disappeared and freaked everyone out but came back.

And to answer your other question, yes, they will move the Encore from Vancouver to Seattle without passengers. I took the Bliss from LA to Vancouver this April on a repositioning Pacific Coastal; there were a bunch of passengers treating it like a B2B with the next Alaska sailing but they all had to transfer down to Seattle on their own to meet the ship.

6 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

I also noticed that sailing disappeared, as I was trying to decide between it and the Bliss Pacific Coastal in April 2023.

It's most likely a web glitch. The NCL IT team often makes backend changes on Fridays and it messes things up over the weekend. Wait a few days and then check again. A week or two ago, a few months worth of the Epic's sailings just randomly disappeared and freaked everyone out but came back.

And to answer your other question, yes, they will move the Encore from Vancouver to Seattle without passengers. I took the Bliss from LA to Vancouver this April on a repositioning Pacific Coastal; there were a bunch of passengers treating it like a B2B with the next Alaska sailing but they all had to transfer down to Seattle on their own to meet the ship.

Thank you! That makes me feel a bit better. Crossing my fingers that this is indeed a glitch. 

• 3 weeks later...

Updating:  This is not a computer glitch.  NCL sent out a notice saying the cruise was changed from a 5 day to a 4 day - dropping San Francisco, essentially making this a one way - all sea days - trip from LA to Vancouver.  Then my online account showed it to be a 3 day cruise.  Now parts of it show it to be back to a 5 day, and some parts of my account show it to be a 4 day...departing while at sea.  And the ability to make a payment no longer is an option.  Not sure what is going on and I'm getting the run around from NCL.  Roll call members also have no insight.  And it still does not show up on the NCL website, nor on outside TA sites.  It's just vanished.  I sure don't know what to make of this...how long do I hang in there vs just cancelling and finding another cruise and/or cruise line for our trip?  Really disappointed in NCL.  Even their notice isn't making sense vs what I'm seeing in my online account.

Edited by mickeysgal
  • Like 1