Staff Stewards

cmevans

I am going to start putting together my little bag of goodies for the steward then. THis is my first cruise so I have to ask...Is there only one or is there more that I should buy for for that particular job?

I will give the bag to the person on the first or second day since nobody answered otherwise. I love giving gifts and I am so excited about this.

Let me also add so there is no mistake [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I have already prepaid my tips and I will most likely be tipping more at the end of the cruise along with this gift bag.

Nancy
sailing Conquest 6/27/04

We all like little surprises
I thought the international phone card was a good idea

First Cruise Triumph 7/24/2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;07;24;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nancy M.:
Is there only one or is there more that I should buy for for that particular job?[QUOTE]

You will have A cabin steward. He will usually have an assistant, and will probably share his gift with him.

[QUOTE]I will give the bag to the person on the first or second day since nobody answered otherwise.[QUOTE]

I did reply that I give it to him usually on the second morning, as he's so busy the first day. And yes, I love 'giving', too. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] The smile you receive makes it all worthwhile.

Festivale 1987
Carnivale 1988
Mardi Gras 1989
Pacific Princess 1990
Norway 1994
Holiday 2001
Holiday 2002
Holiday 2003

• 1 month later...
My son works on a ship. His girlfriend is an assistant housekeeper. His suggestion-money. Her suggestion-money. Money lets them buy the best phone card for where they are calling. Money lets them buy internet minutes for emails. Money lets them buy a ticket home at the end of their cruise. The next best gift is positive comments on the comment card. Give their name and be specific. Those cards are read by the department heads and can get them time off. If you really have a need to give "something," leave a DVD that you are finished watching. That can be shared with all the crew. Otherwise, money.

Archived