Bahamas in Dec?

cruisindreamer

We are looking at a short four day cruise at the beginning of Dec.  My husband is worried with it being a little cooler that time of year than we have sailed in the past, that it might be too chilly with the wind to lay out around the pool/be on the lido deck all day.  I think it will be fine, it doesn’t need to be insanely hot for me.  I know once on land, mid 70s will be perfect, just wondering about being on the open ocean.  Any opinions on this from people who have cruises that time of year would be appreciated.  

23 minutes ago, cruisindreamer said:

We are looking at a short four day cruise at the beginning of Dec.  My husband is worried with it being a little cooler that time of year than we have sailed in the past, that it might be too chilly with the wind to lay out around the pool/be on the lido deck all day.  I think it will be fine, it doesn’t need to be insanely hot for me.  I know once on land, mid 70s will be perfect, just wondering about being on the open ocean.  Any opinions on this from people who have cruises that time of year would be appreciated.  

Totally fine for us and we snorkel, snuba, etc.  We are "older adults" from Michigan so for us it is still plenty warm in December down in the Bahamas.

We thought it was funny, we went to Atlantis resort in December one year for a long weekend once and tons of people were in the water park (including us) riding the slides, the lazy river, etc. All the workers were wearing long pants, and windbreaker jackets, etc.  My husband and I said they probably think all us tourists are bat crap crazy.

• Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor
6 minutes ago, cruisindreamer said:

I have no doubt about that! Lol 

I went to Ohio to do a contract on then the Roy Rogers restaurants. It snowed higher than a Giraffes arise. Never again 🤣

3 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

I went to Ohio to do a contract on then the Roy Rogers restaurants. It snowed higher than a Giraffes arise. Never again 🤣

Folks from down south in Ohio need to hold my beer.

We do a 4 day short cruise every December or January and almost always to the Bahama's - we've had great luck with the weather and spend many days in a deck chair. 

We will be out there again this year too. 🙂 No worries, it'll be nice enough out for anything you like. 

• Like 1

Unless you're going out of Florida, it might be chilly the first day as you travel down South. And the last day as you head back North it will get chilly again. And like I said the water in the Bahamas might be a little chilly at that time of the year but even in February you can get used to it, it's not that cold.

19 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Average Nassau Ocean Temperature by Month

Nassau Sea Temperature | December Average | Bahamas

ETA:  This chart shows slightly different numbers:

Average monthly water temperature in Nassau (New Providence), Bahamas -  (celsius)

Even at say 73F in February, that's a full 10 degrees or more warmer than the water in Myrtle Beach or Charleston that time of year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruisindreamer said:

Out of what port will you be cruising?  As mz-s said, this might affect some of your Fun Day At Sea air temps on the Lido Deck.