2023 Preziosa Norway Cruises

Raj.K

I am looking at a 15 night cruises to Norway from Hamburg in June 2023 on the Preziosa. A very similar 14 night cruise is also listed in August 2023. Both these cruises get as far as Longyearbyen (Spitsbergen) and Honningsvag (North Cape). MSC doesn't yet show excursions. 

Any tips on the likely differences in what to expect during the cruise in mid June vs middle of August?

Does anyone have recommendations on the must do for these ports? Are there opportunities to book excursions outside of MSC? Are there things we can do on our own (using taxis or public transport)?

Thank you all in advance for all your comments and suggestions!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, peder said:

I'll add on another question: are any of these Preziosa cruises subject to changes with the Preziosa->Virtuosa shift?

I believe it is only Grandiosa=>Virtuosa

The only other factor that I can think of might be the weather, it's not that different but history would suggest it is more likely to be a little warmer (maybe less cold would be a better description as the highs should be about the same) in August Vs June.

Both months can be wet, make sure and take a rain Mac and some warm clothes, as well as some shorts! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 77red96 said:

I believe it is only Grandiosa=>Virtuosa

No, the Preziosa is also involved in the big switch.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:25 PM, Raj.K said:

Does anyone have recommendations on the must do for these ports? Are there opportunities to book excursions outside of MSC? Are there things we can do on our own (using taxis or public transport)?

At the city stops you certainly can use public transport or just walk around. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey Raj, I've booked this cruise but for the August sailing. I think weather wise there won't be a great variance between June and August. MSC have already published the available shore excursions. Quite a good range available, and prices range from fairly cheap to really expensive (if you want to do things like have a husky sleigh ride).

I think in Longyearbyen for example you can simply walk off the ship and you're there, if you don't mind a bit of walking. I imagine they'll offer shuttle transfers at most destinations which works out quite cheap really.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your response.

We went on a similar cruise also on the Preziosa in August 2017. There were a larger range of excursions then for all of these ports, including Longyearbyen and Honnigsvag. So I have been looking at other excursions with tour operators. I understand that there will be more tours published over the next few weeks and months and so I am keeping an eye out before booking with MSC.

Any other tips or links would be appreciated.