Irons on Triumph

Gypsea

Hi Rita. Yes to your question. I might add - When you receive your docs, there will be a "Welcome Aboard" booklet in with them. Read it carefully, please. It has all the info you'll need - and for anyone who doesn't know:

"No irons, heating pads, or candles allowed in cabins."

Have a safe and happy voyage!:)

Hi Rita. Yes to your question. I might add - When you receive your docs, there will be a "Welcome Aboard" booklet in with them. Read it carefully, please. It has all the info you'll need - and for anyone who doesn't know:

"No irons, heating pads, or candles allowed in cabins."

Have a safe and happy voyage!:)

Cotton - I think it might be easier for you to just add this to your signature! :D

I've always brought an iron on board. I know it's against the rules, but I was trying to avoid waiting in line in a laundry room for use of an iron every single day. (And, yes, I do have to iron every day.) How crowded is the laundry? Is there only one iron per laundry room? We'll be on Elation this time. Thanks.

........I've always brought an iron on board. I know it's against the rules....

Then shame on you.:( Just think - If there's a fire and everybody has to abandon ship - you could possibly be the ONLY neatly pressed person in the lifeboats! Please rethink this for your next cruise.

There is usually only one iron to each laundry room, but I've passed by laundry rooms many times when they were empty, so there's not always a wait...

Thanks for the reply. I agree shame on me. :( Of course, I have an iron that automatically shuts off, but if everyone did what I did, it would be horrible. I'll just hang out in the laundry room for awhile at an off time and get all of my ironing done at once. No biggie!:)

By the way....

I was on a Back-to-Back sailing on the Liberty and NOT ONCE did I have to wait to iron or use the washers/dryers. Both formal nights, both weeks, I had to iron my dress and NO ONE was in the laundry room. So, it's hit or miss. I've never waited in line, and I'm a laundry freak....I have to have clean clothes and ironed clothes and I've never seen anyone in there but me on every occassion.

Either everyone else was sending their stuff out to be pressed and I was the only cheapskate using the self-serve laundry/iron facility, or every packed so neatly that they didn't need to use either!!!!!

Archived