Amex Platinum benefits

StarAFire

Hi,

Just wanted to double check.  Next week we will be sailing for the first time where I used my Amex platinum to utilize their cruise privileges program when I paid for my cruise.  For my booking, my TA said we get $100 OBC and dinner at Le Bistro.  However, when I asked him if it is supposed to show in my edoc or anything, he said no, these 2 things would show up automatically when I am onboard.  I was wondering if anyone knew where that is supposed to show up.  Is there something that I need to bring as proof in case it doesn't show up?  Also does anyone know if I have to use my amex platinum for on board account or can I use any cc at this point.

Also when dining at Le Bistro, do I have to specify to them to use the one from Amex vs say using my specialty dining from my perks or the one from my NCL Platinum benefit?

Thanks

Edited by StarAFire

The OBC is always reflected in my reservation details. It doesn't specifically call out that it is amex, and if you have other OBC (NCL promo, stock, whatever) it may be confusing as to which is which.

As far as LeBistro: you will get a voucher and bring that with you for the meal. 

And, no you don't have to use amex for your on board charges 

Edited by cruiseinfoseeker

1 minute ago, StarAFire said:

Oh.  The only OBC that I see right now in my reservation is from my stock benefit 😞

That has not been my experience with the Amex OBC. I've utilized the platinum benefits many times and it is always reflected in the OBC area of my reservation. (And I have two upcoming that also are reflecting the discounts)

I would ask the agent to send you your amenity confirmation which should show the Amex benefits. 

Here is another way to see it. After you applied for the shareholder they (NCL shareholder dept) should have sent you an amenity confirmation after posting the shareholder OBC.

This is mine.  (Attached) you will see two 100 OBCs as one is the Amex and the other is the shareholder. Also this is where you can also see the dinner for two at LeBistro "French restaurant"1425600147_Screenshot_20220901-191549_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.a71fafec95c3050d3f813b80294be281.jpg

Edited by cruiseinfoseeker

My stock obc has always shown uo before & the TA OBC does not. I believe I have gotten a note stating that it has been placed in my account. Also check yoyr account when you board. I can't remember if eiher of these credits can be used for DSC - can anyone refresh my memoty?