Termdering in St. Thomas

beachfanatic

Has anyone tendered in St. Thomas? Where does the boat anchor, near

Havensight or CB? If it is Havensight, where does the tender drop you off?

I am very disappointed in Princess for pulling this? The Vinow site

indicates that the Sun will be anchored on the 21st.

Has anyone tendered in St. Thomas? Where does the boat anchor, near

Havensight or CB? If it is Havensight, where does the tender drop you off?

I am very disappointed in Princess for pulling this? The Vinow site

indicates that the Sun will be anchored on the 21st.

I tendered the last time I was in St. Thomas – the tender dock is in the middle of town – not Havensight. You can walk the distance to Havensight in 20 minutes or they have the open air shuttles that you can catch. I don’t think its Princess fault that they were given anchorage instead of space at the pier – that would be a port decision – so you should be disappointed with St. Thomas. If they didn’t let so many ships in at the same time, there would be space at the pier.

I have both docked and tendered into St. Thomas. We tendered when we were on the Sun. We were the smallest of four ships in St. Thomas that day and I think it was right to have the three largest ships dock and the smallest tender. In fact I think it is better to be tendered into St. Thomas as you end up right in the centre of the downtown. So if you want to go shopping it couldn't be any easier. Also because the distance is so short for tendering, the process is quite quick and painless. Don't worry about it at all, it isn't anything like having to tender into Grand Cayman.

thanks, appreciate the good comments. we would like to go the beach in the morning and shopping in the afternoon. I've never seen a ship docked in st. thomas and we've been there a dozen times. I was concerned that tendering would take a while due to distance.

Archived