Why such an increase per person pricing when 3 in a cabin?

weacat

I’ve been doing some mock bookings on a few November sailings. An inside cabin for 2 people (2 adults and I’ve tried 1 adult 1child) is about $900 per person. When I add a third person to the cabin, the price jumps to $1350 per person. This is a cruise only fair both bookings. Anyone know why the price jumps so much?  This price does not change if it’s 2 adults and 1 child or 2 adults.  I know there is more work for the stateroom attendant, but $1350 more?  

@weacat

Are you looking at the price before the discount??? Can you show the price??
I just did mock booking on the Apex 11/26 ->12/03
Guest 1 & 2 ($1751 each) Guest 3 ($1195) = $4697 - $2014 (2nd person discount) = $2683
$2683/3 = $895/pp

Guest 1 & 2 ($1728 each) = $3456 - $1997 (2nd person discount) = $1459 /2 = $730/pp

And that doesn't factor in the addition $200 savings 

So something doesn't make sense  if you are comparing apples to apples in the same cabin 

50 minutes ago, weacat said:

I’ve been doing some mock bookings on a few November sailings. An inside cabin for 2 people (2 adults and I’ve tried 1 adult 1child) is about $900 per person. When I add a third person to the cabin, the price jumps to $1350 per person. This is a cruise only fair both bookings. Anyone know why the price jumps so much?  This price does not change if it’s 2 adults and 1 child or 2 adults.  I know there is more work for the stateroom attendant, but $1350 more?  

I have seen this before too.   I believe it is a shortage of 3/4 person capacity cabins.  Try moving up to OV or balcony and see if that helps with the rate.

• Like 2

I have been doing the mock bookings on the November 3, 2022 Equinox. I have selecting the inside cabin (not guarantee). Oh - and look at the rate for a single occupant. I can’t figure out the math on this at all.

@weacat

Equinox 9 Night November 3rd

1 Person Room 8153 $2538 - $100 - $1394 = $1044/pp
2 People Room 8153 - ($2538x2) - $200 - $2804 = $2072 = $1036/pp

3 People  Room 8153 - ($2538x2) + $2031 - $200 - $2804 = $4103 = $1368/pp

I just did these 3 on the Celebrity website - and the pricing is what I'd be expecting - I'm not sure what you're missing / expecting - depending on the sale  / time of year sometimes the 1st and 2nd guest are full price and the 3rd guest is 50% but then they don't always a discount that is just the standard rate. 

Perhaps you can explain what you are expecting - but everything looks normal / what the current specials are