Anyone Going on Costa Magica 4/28?????

JoeandSheryl

We are really looking forward to it to.:)

We have never sailed on Costa before but are sure we will have a great time. I'm sure there has to be more of us from here.

Hope you have a great cruise !!!!!!!! :)

Joe and Sheryl:)

• 4 weeks later...

We're also sailing 4/28 on Magica. Nanci and Si from Vero Beach, FL. First time on Costa. (Our 4th cruise.) Sounds like a great ship. We're booked in an oceanview cabin--deck 2--way in the back! Can anyone comment on that? Good or bad. Thanks.

We're going also, DH and me. Just booked recently for a great price on inside. Hoping for an upgrade, but just glad to be going. Getting great news and ideas on these boards. Starting to work on DH concerning wearing a toga. I think he'll get in the spirit, maybe lots to drink that day.

Hi everyone

Glad to see more people going.

It is our first time on cosat to and we are looking forward to it.

My wife is going to make us togas.

ope to see everyone onboard and hope everone has a GREAT TIME.

Joe and Sheryl (MInnesota):)

This cruise has just been reduced in price! I called the TA to get the reduction and she said Costa would not refund but was able to get an upgrade from inside to oceanview for the same price!! Unobstructed oceanview for $499 pp. Yeah!

I've been exploring Bermuda and Nassau websites to decide what we will do when we get there.

We were in Bermuda in 1979 for one week. Covered the entire island on our motor bikes. Also did some snorkling in the beautiful water! It was wonderful. According to the docking schedule, we will be at Dockyard at the West End. I would like to go to the Dockyard Glassworks and a few other creative places. Perhaps also time for the ferry or bus to tour some of the island.

In Nassau (been there also) we may go to Ardastra Gardens and zoo. Looks like bus #10 will get us there. Maybe a boat ride also. (We've been to Atlantis.)

Not sure about the beach. We live in Florida! (We can always go to the beach.) :cool:

Anyone make any plans yet?

We're looking forward to enjoying the Italian flavor of this cruise. We've been to Europe many times--including Italy. Magica will be a nice contrast from our previous cruises. (Carnaval Fascination, RC Majesty of the Seas, RC Brilliance of the Seas.)

Not sure how I feel about Toga night. :confused: Maybe we'll be in the spirit by the time that night arrives! ;)

Anyone parking at Park'n Fly?

Recently discovered cruise critics--never did or a meet and greet. But we'll give it a try if something is planned. :D

We've received our travel documents...we're ready to go!

Nanci (and Si)

It's getting closer is everyone excited !!!!!

Who is interested in having a greet and meet?

Joe and Sheryl:)

I posted right above you and suggested maybe meeting on our first day at sea? Haven't heard any replies or other suggestions.

Barb & Roger

Someone mentioned that we are docking at the West End in Bermuda. My TA said Hamilton. Is there a difference and how far is West End from Hamilton? I will be visiting old school chum who lives in Hamilton, Bermuda.

gracie

Catherine

Gallery107 - I can't tell you the actual distance but I can tell you West End is on the West End of the island and Hamilton is in the middle of the island. They are not close to one another. I think the post mentioning the West End was incorrect as everything I have read states Hamilton. There is a water taxi from the West End and bus service which is excellent. There are also taxis and scooters.

Gallery107 - I can't tell you the actual distance but I can tell you West End is on the West End of the island and Hamilton is in the middle of the island. They are not close to one another. I think the post mentioning the West End was incorrect as everything I have read states Hamilton. There is a water taxi from the West End and bus service which is excellent. There are also taxis and scooters.

Blackrobe:

I found this info and believe we are docking at West End:

Click on this link:

http://www.rccbermuda.bm/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=282&PageID=0

Then click on "2006 Cruise Ship Schedule" and scroll down to April 2006. Last on list is Costa Magica.

WE=West End.

NanSi3 - I see where you got your information. It appears as if the docks in Hamilton can only accommodate ships up to 700 feet. Magica is 890 feet. If you check the list you will see that every ship over 700 feet goes to West End which is designed for more modern ships. So it looks like we will be docking at West End rather than in Hamilton. This is contrary to all the information distributed by Costa and will undoubtedly put a cramp in the plans some people have made!

Blackrobe: Yes, I checked this out soon after we booked this cruise. Even though everything written about this cruise says we go to Hamilton...we area definitely docking at Dockyard at the West End.

There seems to be lots to see and do at this end of the island. It's impossible to see the entire island in one day, and since we've been to Bermuda, we'll probably stay in this area and explore.

Here's a link for everybody to see what's going on at Kings Wharf/Dockyard/West End.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=130

Here's a link for the Sea Express (ferry):

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=283&PageID=0

Click on Blue Route or Orange Route for schedule from Dockyard to Hamilton.

Search this site. It's loaded with info i.e. transportation, recreation, etc.

We're looking forward to a great cruise....

Great info. Thanks.

We're the Anderson's and we couldn't resist this great deal.

I see lots of Minnesotans are booked, any Swede's in the group.

$85 plus maybe other taxes etc. seems pretty high for less than a day of scooter rental. We're there on a Monday so maybe the bus or train makes sense ??

Archived