Carnival Sunrise and Spring Break Help Needed

3smithboys

3 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

Thanks! I think we are planning on staying onboard in Nassau. Jacks shack is the plan for grand Turk. Do you know if the aft pool is adults only? I’ve read so many different things, I don’t know what to believe!

i *believe* it is, unless it changed.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 1:13 PM, UPNYGuy said:

before the refit, Triumph had a 2 level lido buffet. The top level was great, it encircled the rear of the buffet and looked over it. It was a great place to sit, and was rarely full. Now, they put Cucina Del Capitano (I think) up there, and made it a surcharge venue. Along with the extra cabins, it made the lido extremely crowded. 

Moot point now since the OP switched ships, but the above info is not completely correct.  As on all other ships, the Cucina on Sunrise is complimentary at lunch...which is always the busiest time for the Lido buffet. 

I made a beeline for the Cucina on embark day and enjoyed my made-to-order pasta bowl while the hurly-burly took place just one floor below.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Moot point now since the OP switched ships, but the above info is not completely correct.  As on all other ships, the Cucina on Sunrise is complimentary at lunch...which is always the busiest time for the Lido buffet. 

I made a beeline for the Cucina on embark day and enjoyed my made-to-order pasta bowl while the hurly-burly took place just one floor below.  

they dont (or at least didnt) let you sit up there unless you eat in that venue

10 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

they dont (or at least didnt) let you sit up there unless you eat in that venue

Implicit in my comment was the assumption that you'd be enjoying lunch (free pasta bowls, made to order) in the Cucina instead of dealing with the heartache one floor down at the buffet.  
On Sunrise in February I almost felt guilty about eating upstairs on embark day.  After I was done I considered going back down unto the masses and playing Pied Piper, leading the hungry masses yearning to be free (or at least, fed) back up the stairs.  

• Haha 3

On 9/7/2022 at 6:54 PM, 3smithboys said:

DH and I have a cruise held on the Sunrise for Spring Break, April 3. It’s a 5 day out of Miami going to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. We just went on the Mardi Gras this summer and had the best time. We are booked on the Celebration for July! 

For people who have been on the Sunrise before, how is the ship? Will the weather be pretty warm in the beginning of April? (We picked these ports vs the Bahamas because we thought the weather would be better?!) 

We are both teachers and are limited to a 1 week window, so we did not have much choice; however, there were a few other cruises we could do. The other ships were the Liberty, Freedom, or the Sunshine. If you think any of these ships might be a better choice, the ports aren’t as important… we are really looking just to get away. Thanks for any help! 

There was fight recently.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11218443/Shocking-video-shows-man-brutally-pummel-woman-mass-brawl-Carnival-Cruise-ship.html

Not always but our experience has shown that short cruises from Miami can be crazy.

2 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

There was fight recently.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11218443/Shocking-video-shows-man-brutally-pummel-woman-mass-brawl-Carnival-Cruise-ship.html

Not always but our experience has shown that short cruises from Miami can be crazy.

Thanks so much! I did see that. Crazy how poorly people will behave. I don’t want to have to deal with that nonsense while I’m on vacation. 

DH and I changed our minds and changed our booking to a 5 day Freedom. (Then he texted me today and said we just got a great offer for a 6 day on the Magic. Now, I’m researching that!