Danilo Hall

bell2

For two of us to do the canal, followed by snorkeling & nature walk at Cahuita, then bananna plantation, it was $100 each. The other group from our cruise who did the white water rafting and zip line I think paid $102 each for a group of 6.

Liz

I saw no listings of prices on the website. I know there would be different prices for different tours. What were the prices for the tours experiences by fellow CC's, if you don't mind me asking? And, was there a minimum number of people required for the tours? Thanks for all your help, everyone. I don't think cruising would be nearly as fun without all the info obtained here.

Our price for only two of us in a private taxi was $65 and tip. Read my previous post and you will see what it entailed. He will take you to the beach and wait for you while you are there and even if you eat he will wait. If you email Danilo he will quote a price. He quoted $100 for the aerial tram as there were only two of us. I believe the more the less per person as it is a 4 hour round trip ride. Our friends did the aerial tram and only saw ants and were quite disappointed. The cost and long ride were not worth seeing ants. We saw a lot of wildlife and the butterfly garden was very interesting. They thought that they would see more on the tram but that is not how it is.

Good luck,

Mariln

• 10 months later...

We went to the Zipline Park but only did the jungle tour. I was going to do the zips but I injured my leg the day before in the ships gym-I was very upset. The ziplines DO go over the river and are pretty high-they looked awesome. The jungle wildlife and plants are incredible you will have a great tour. Please report back and let me know how it was. I guess I will just have to go back to CR

• 1 month later...
We have this tour booked next week.....can you give me some more details about the excursion?....How was the zip-line? How long....high etc.......my wife is nervous about the zip-line. Did one of the lines go over a river? Thanks :)

We used Danilo in September, info starts around post # 17 in this thread and continues off and on through post #31

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1043787

Hope you had fun, we sure did.

We used Danilo on 4/1/2010. The service was great. He met us at the pier with a sign. Then told us he had a group of 10 also book, so he put us (wife and I) in a car with Alex. He knew everything about the area. Stopped and pointed out plants, trees, took us to a place where there were 10-20 wild monkey’s in the trees. Then to the zip line, (we were the first one’s there and by the time we were done there were5-6 cruise ship buses there, thank goodness we missed that crowd) after that to the banana plantation, then to the beach and a tour of the town and surrounding area. There was never a time limit, when we stopped Alex waited until we were ready to go.

All this for $65 per person and $45 of that he had us pay directly to the zip line company. So for a personal tour guide for 6 hours it was $20 each. And a fantastic tour. I would recommend using Danilo and having a very personal tour.

His email address has an underscore in it, not a space.

We used Danilo on 4/1/2010. The service was great. He met us at the pier with a sign. Then told us he had a group of 10 also book, so he put us (wife and I) in a car with Alex. He knew everything about the area. Stopped and pointed out plants, trees, took us to a place where there were 10-20 wild monkey’s in the trees. Then to the zip line, (we were the first one’s there and by the time we were done there were5-6 cruise ship buses there, thank goodness we missed that crowd) after that to the banana plantation, then to the beach and a tour of the town and surrounding area. There was never a time limit, when we stopped Alex waited until we were ready to go.

All this for $65 per person and $45 of that he had us pay directly to the zip line company. So for a personal tour guide for 6 hours it was $20 each. And a fantastic tour. I would recommend using Danilo and having a very personal tour.

His email address has an underscore in it, not a space.

We were shocked at the price breakdown as well. Hands down the best value for money we've ever had in the Caribbean.

Archived