Anyone having website problems booking dining for the Celebration?

80sGal

We are on the NYE Celebration cruise.   I've been able to book Rudy's, but when I try to book Teppanyaki, the drop-down menu is incorrect.   Instead of listing only the two seating times (I think 7 and 9 were the drop down options when we were on Horizon), the website lists the seating options in 30 minute increments which can't be right, as this is a seated table experience (not come and go as you please).   So, I've tried reserving just for one of the blocks that I think would be correct, and it goes into my cart correctly, but at check-out I get the error that there was an error and the order can't be processed.   I've tried several dates and time combinations.   Just wondering if anyone else on Celebration has been able to reserve Teppanyaki yet?   DH really loves Teppanyaki, and I wanted to be sure to get the reservation set.   I called Carnival but neither the phone reps nor the Fun Shop can handle dining reservations.   Just curious if it had something to do with my Cruise Manager, or if everyone else was also blocked (so maybe there will still be spots as soon as we get on board).   Counting the Days Already!    TIA    

On 9/12/2022 at 12:58 PM, 80sGal said:

We are on the NYE Celebration cruise.   I've been able to book Rudy's, but when I try to book Teppanyaki, the drop-down menu is incorrect.   Instead of listing only the two seating times (I think 7 and 9 were the drop down options when we were on Horizon), the website lists the seating options in 30 minute increments which can't be right, as this is a seated table experience (not come and go as you please).   So, I've tried reserving just for one of the blocks that I think would be correct, and it goes into my cart correctly, but at check-out I get the error that there was an error and the order can't be processed.   I've tried several dates and time combinations.   Just wondering if anyone else on Celebration has been able to reserve Teppanyaki yet?   DH really loves Teppanyaki, and I wanted to be sure to get the reservation set.   I called Carnival but neither the phone reps nor the Fun Shop can handle dining reservations.   Just curious if it had something to do with my Cruise Manager, or if everyone else was also blocked (so maybe there will still be spots as soon as we get on board).   Counting the Days Already!    TIA    

We are on the TA Celebration cruise in November.  We had a similar problem with booking the steakhouse.  The times started at midnight and proceeded in 30-min increments which of course we knew to be wrong.  I called this to John Heald's attention through his FB page and he forwarded to IT which fixed it in a couple of days.  We were then able to correctly book our time.

This might be what's happening here as well — just an IT glitch.  When I look at our sailing, the times for Teppanyaki dinner are only 5:30pm, 7:15pm, and 9:00pm.  You might try booking just those times (as the previous poster also reflected) if you can.  And, then see if it will let you check-out.  Perhaps someone can report this to IT as well for them to investigate and get fixed.

Have a grand trip!

• Like 1

I put a call into Carnival a couple of days ago and told the rep the issue, after my original post, and sure enough, it was fixed by today!  5:30, 7:15 or 9 p.m. is all that shows now.   I booked the date and time we wanted!   Thanks for the replies.

• Like 1