car rental vancouver, bc cruise terminal or nearby

cruisingsfun

I could list them, but this truly is a proverbial 'teach a man to fish' situation - Google Mapping (or Apple, OpenMaps, Bing etc.) the pier (999 Canada Place, Vancouver BC) and then simply Searching Nearby for Car Rentals will show you all the different offices, as well as enabling you to quickly and easily click on each to see walk times/drive times for the ones too far to walk with luggage.

Given how compact our downtown core is, and how cheaply, quickly, and easily you can get to the airport, sticking only to whatever your personal definition is of 'near' the pier might cost you significant money... especially for a one-way rental, as some companies have bigger franchises in the two locations you're interested in so can more easily relocate their cars, reducing drop fees for a one-way.

I like using Costco and Kayak for comparative rental car shopping - both let you select multiple pickup locations at once, so you can much more efficiently figure out the optimal location. The worst case for getting to YVR is ~US$30 in a cab, every downtown car rental has an office within a $10, often even $5 cab ride away, so just hopping in a rental right at the pier because you don't have to go any further will likely reflect the convenince of that location with a higher daily rate - over a multi-day rental even a few bucks extra can really add up!

If you're members, I have yet to find anyone ever beat a Costco rental price - and they include a second driver for free with every rental (>25yrs), which is really useful for efficient long drives. If you're not a member, figure out your best price and then come back and let me know your dates, car size and I'll run a Costco price check for you - if might save enough to pay for membership!!!!

On 9/12/2022 at 11:10 AM, cruisingsfun said:

My husband and I will end a cruise on May 30, 2023 at the Vancouver, BC cruise terminal.  We want to rent a car to drive to Kelowna, Lake Louise, Banff, and fly home from Calgary.  Does anyone know what car rentals are nearby?  Thanks for any help.

Cruisingsfun

martinclad - Gave you some great info to search for options close by.   Some may even be closer.  

The only one I have experience with is Hertz at 413 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC V6B 3H5   They also operate under the Dollar and Thrifty banner.  They are a few blocks away from the cruise ship terminal.  Depending on how many bags you travel with the walk is doable.