Live from the Encore in Alaska

GaryWT

15 hours ago, Wulfwyn said:

How many passengers were on your cruise

We first heard 60% and the 30% and then just under 50%. I think the just under 50% is about right.  We never experienced lines or waits to get into restaurants.  Kinky Boots first show was totally full and the comedians filled the comedy club but that was all we noticed. 

• 2 months later...

Awe, we were on the same sailing. I guess this is a perfect example of how people perceive things differently. I agree with you about Le Bistro. That was an excellent meal and impeccable service.

We (my brother, his wife, and I) spent most of our free time during the day at the Waterfront. Most of our free time at night was at the Whiskey Bar. You're correct - it rained when we were at Sitka. It rained cats and dogs! By the end of that day, we were soaked clear through but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I took an ocean raft excursion and I'm sure I'll never, ever speed across the waves with rain pelting me and an ear-to-ear smile again. It was a once in a lifetime experience. I hope you enjoyed Glacier Bay as much as we did.

I found the food to be very good with the exception of the Seafood Night at the Buffet. It was disappointing and not that tasty. 

Choir of Man was a highlight for me. We didn't see Kinky Boots because we were enjoying our meal at Le Bistro so much we decided not to rush.

Hopefully your next cruise experience will be more satisfying for you. Best.