Warning for Canadians - VV contact number is not toll free!

westcoasttech

This might be obvious to some people but as I don't live my life on the end of the phone I didn't realize, the "Call Us" number (starting 1-954 - ...) on the booking confirmation is NOT a toll free number !  I'm so used to cruiseline contact numbers being toll free that I didn't check before spending 45 mins on hold to get through to a live human.  Just got my cell phone bill and got a charge of C$40+ for the time on the phone this weekend to straighten out an OBC question - which basically negates the extra OBC I got sorted out!  I know that cell phone account rules can be different for Canadians, and include charges for things that US account holders get included and I know we also generally pay more for the privilege of cell phones.   

I guess I better hope I don't have any other issues with my booking as I won't be calling them again anytime soon ... unless someone can provide a toll-free number for Canadian cruisers??

• 2 weeks later...