Outside rooms-question

warbler

I was wondering whether anyone can tell me whether the windows on the outside rooms slide open so that you can get fresh air in your cabin? I loved having a balcony when we cruised before, but was thinking that we might save a little money with an outside room. It is nice to be able to get fresh air in the room though, especially if there has been smoking previously. Feedback is appreciated.

LW

I was wondering whether anyone can tell me whether the windows on the outside rooms slide open so that you can get fresh air in your cabin? I loved having a balcony when we cruised before, but was thinking that we might save a little money with an outside room. It is nice to be able to get fresh air in the room though, especially if there has been smoking previously. Feedback is appreciated.

LW

Balcony doors on Queen Mary 2 do not slide open, but rather open inward, I believe, on a hinge. You would have to prop your door open if you wanted to get fresh air that way. During our last cruise on Queen Mary, we encountered at force 9 noreaster on our way to the Caribbean. With high winds and seas, I could barely open the door. It was wild and wonderful.... so, be careful when you open the door!

Balcony doors on Queen Mary 2 do not slide open, but rather open inward, I believe, on a hinge. You would have to prop your door open if you wanted to get fresh air that way. During our last cruise on Queen Mary, we encountered at force 9 noreaster on our way to the Caribbean. With high winds and seas, I could barely open the door. It was wild and wonderful.... so, be careful when you open the door!

And NEVER open the balcony door while the hallway door is open. It creates a veritable tornado inthe room!

Karie,

Ask me how I know! (no don't!)

Archived