Destiny?

Hey folks!

My family has booked an August 8th cruise onboard the Destiny. Our first cruise was on the Destiny in 2000 for 5 days to Canada. We then switched to RCCL and had a ball! But last year we went back to Carnival because the Legend was leaving New York(how convinent) and we orginally planned to sail onboard Adventure of the Seas but the Destiny in so much cheaper. Are we making a mistake? I have read so many reviews about discounted fares for native puertoricans and other negative reviews. Can someone pleaseee tell me what to expect?

8-00 Carnival Destiny

8-01 Enchantment of the Seas

8-02 Voyager of the Seas

8-03 Carnival Legend

8-04 Carnival Destiny

We were on the Destiny Southern CArib in 2003 and have booked it again for 2005!! WE can't say anything bad about it. WE have also done the Fascination and Inspiration too. The Destiny was clean the staff was great the shows were good (we did see a few of the same performers that were on the Fascination but we did teh same itinary)and of course we go Southern because we love the island stops. WE read some negative things too but we didn't find anything that would cause us not to cruise her again. The island tours that Carnival offers were all great (the ones we picked) and our dinner company was Fantastic (we even still write and e mail them) plus we met some great CC friends (Hi Maddie) but a cruise is what you make of it. You can't worry about worn carpet, or faded paint that happens in your own homes. We thought the ship was clean and bright and we are going again. Good luck and Happy sailing

UNTIL WE SAIL AGAIN.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2005;5;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

HI ILove2Cruise2,

We will also be on the August 8th sailing of the Destiny with our family. We have a 3 yr old boy and 6 yr old girl. Any kids sailing with you? They don't know about the trip yet. Thinking of just waiting until the morning of the cruise and say, "OK, let's go on our cruise!"

I doubt if there will be much of a problem with discounts on this sailing. The prices just seem to be going up from what I see!

11/03 Fantasy

4/03 Sensation

5/02 Sovereign of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;8;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Destiny

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;11;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our Enchantment of the Seas Family Reunion

WE WERE ON THE DESTINY THREE TIMES ! LOVED IT . TWICE SOUTHERN CARRIBEAN.ONCE WESTERN. WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A MINUTE.. THE DESTINY IS MY FAVORITE SHIP.MAYBE BECAUSE IT WAS MY FIRST..

GOING ON THE PRIDE FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS YEAR IN SEPTEMBER..THE DESTINY DOES HAVE GREAT PORTS. AND YOU ARE THERE FOR A LONG TIME. IF I REMEMBER CORRECT THERE ARE TWO NIGHTS IN PORT TIL 10 OR 11 PM..HAVE A GREAT TIME...

9/12 Pride

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Destiny 9/12/99

Destiny 2/04/01

Triumph 12/08/01

Destiny 11/03/02

Pride 01/18/04

Pride 09/12/04

Making a mistake???? icon_rolleyes.gif You can't make a mistake sailing the Destiny. It's my favorite ship and the ports are F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!!! icon_cool.gif As you've noticed...everyone has their postitives and negatives about cruising, whether it's the Destiny or another ship. However, the Postivies out weigh the negatives...I'm a positive person and let the negatives go over my head. Go on the cruise and sail with a good attitude. That's the name of the game and you sound like a positive person. icon_wink.gif

Sailing with the wind in my hair and the sound of the ocean surf" icon_cool.gif

Thanx Guys,

I am so glad to hear all the positive reviews for the Destiny. The Destiny is my favorite ship too, probably because it was the first ship I was ever on. But last year we were on the Legend and I was not too pleased with it. Once your on RCCL and the ship has rock climbing and ice skating, you dont want to go back. Yes there are kids with us on this cruise I'm only 17(but most people tell me I am very mature for my age...im the one in the family who researches our cruises icon_cool.gif ) and my cousin is 14. Rita russel your kids will love this cruise. My aunt took her co-worker and her twins and they had a blast(they were 7). But I hope you guys are right. Thanx

8-00 Carnival Destiny

8-01 Enchantment of the Seas

8-02 Voyager of the Seas

8-03 Carnival Legend

8-04 Carnival Destiny

Archived