Embarkation Day Lunch

Zaffaris

4 hours ago, SDPadreFan said:

But if you show up and all the tables are already filled - then your choice is to wait for an available table (in a line) or go elsewhere - correct?

Lol, I suppose so, but we've never had to wait for a table; in fact we've never seen the Cucina or Jiji's more than half-full for lunch.  On embark day we've been virtually alone in the Cucina and Jiji's for lunch, which is awesome since they are great alternatives to the busy Lido right down the stairs. 

On the Mardi Gras both the Cucina and Chibang! are very big facilities and Chibang! was perhaps 60% full when I went on the very last sea-day.  One of the best meals I had on the Mardi Gras....and THAT's sayin' something.  🙂   

N.B. the Cucina and Chibang! are NOT open on embark day on the Mardi Gras (might have changed in a year, though), but there are plenty of other options available.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pellaz said:

N.B. the Cucina and Chibang! are NOT open on embark day on the Mardi Gras (might have changed in a year, though), but there are plenty of other options available. 

No, they are still closed on embarkation day.   But my favorite was at Chibang for lunch with the broth bowls that came in either shrimp, beef or chicken.

On 10/4/2022 at 9:33 PM, SDPadreFan said:

But if you show up and all the tables are already filled - then your choice is to wait for an available table (in a line) or go elsewhere - correct?

I hadn't experienced any sort of wait like this at Jiji's or the Cucina...until my just-finished Horizon cruise.  

I stand corrected; there CAN be a line or a wait for a table.  On our last sea-day we went up at around 2 pm and they were handing out pagers for Jiji's...and turned away a group of 6 or 7 because realistically there was no way they could be seated before they closed at 2:30.  There was no wait for the Cucina, though, and that's where we went.  On Horizon, the Cucina is significantly larger than Jiji's.  

I also discovered that Jiji's and the Cucina ARE open for free lunch on port-days; I had hitherto thought they were only open on embark and sea-days.  Missed opportunities....  <sad trombone>