WiFi calling

Arkrockdock

From experience - it will depend on the ship's internet service.  I've used wifi calling on three cruises: RCL's Anthem (newer ship) to the eastern Caribbean had great internet and calling was like being at home.  On The Grandeur (from Barbados to Galveston) the wifi calling wasn't so good; a lag and static.  Their internet wasn't great.  Recently on the Caribbean Princess from NY to Quebec I gave up on trying wifi calling.  I had no problems with texting which we used mostly to check on our animals at home.

• Like 1

I'm on T-Mobile and when I boarded I put phone in AIRPLANE mode to be sure it didn't make a cell connection.  Then I switched on the phone feature WI-FI CALLING, thinking it would just enable getting my text messages.  And text did work, but much to my surprise I got several voice calls during the cruise and they worked fine, good quality.  I had the regular Internet service but did upgrade to unlimited minutes.  Was on the Breakaway in the Caribbean during April