Labadee with mobility challenged 90 year old?

zanydoc

Hello all! Hopefully headed out on Allure this Saturday for Mom’s 90th birthday cruise and have a stop in Labadee. She can go a little ways with her rolater, but can’t really get along in the sand and definitely can’t go the whole length of the pier. Any advice as to how and where to get her situated in a beachy spot, close to restroom and food facilities? And preferably a bar for me? 😁 TIA!

1 hour ago, zanydoc said:

Hello all! Hopefully headed out on Allure this Saturday for Mom’s 90th birthday cruise and have a stop in Labadee. She can go a little ways with her rolater, but can’t really get along in the sand and definitely can’t go the whole length of the pier. Any advice as to how and where to get her situated in a beachy spot, close to restroom and food facilities? And preferably a bar for me? 😁 TIA!

They have sand chairs at Labadee.  Also, people at the pier with wheelchairs.

My mother has mobility issues and we've been to Labadee. First, we got a collapsible wheel chair from Amazon. They have two kinds, one with small wheels that she can't put herself and one with bigger wheels that she can. We have taken the bigger wheeled one on cruises. It folds up, so it doesn't take up much space in a normal cabin. Of course, this assumes you can push it and don't mind doing so. We rented one of the clamshells. The staff used a sandchair to take her out to it while I brought over the travel chair, and then she sat in her travel chair in the shade of the clamshell for awhile. We then got the staff to bring her off the beach in the sandchair, and then we wandered around with me or my father pushing her. We got lunch and then went back to the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was on Labadee at the end of July and have mobility issues.  The staff were most helpful

and glad to assist in any way they could.  We were a Family Group of 10 and did get a Cabana.  It 

was near food and restrooms and had a very attentive staff.  It was very quiet, a nice tip goes

a long way.

• 5 weeks later...