Soup'er douper noodle soup

• nothing green! Chicken-noodle only

How now ground round cow

• hamburger or cheeseburger with ranch fries

Ahoy Matey!

• Have a hot dog with battered fries & thing's

Crispy fried onion rings

Itza, pizza!

• your own cheese or pepperoni or as you like it!

No, i want a peanut butter & jelly sandwich!

Lotsa pastabilities

• spaghetti plain or with cheese or with our special meat sauce

Captain Kidd's favorite

• grilled cheese with curly fries

Jurassic Dino Dudes

• breaded chicken patties in disguise with fries

Icy island treats

• chocolate, vanilla, strawberry ice cream, pineapply, coconut, lime sherbet or lemon jello

Pina colada ice cream coupe

• ask for the frozen yogurt of the day

Jolly rogers fruit medley

• Chunks of fresh fruit

Never say salad again

• Crisp iceberg lettuce with oranges ask your server for the choice of dressings

The mac n-cheese in the Blue Lagoon on the STAR was excellent.

Margaret

I think the Blue Lagoon is excellent all the way around. But it's a good place to take the kids. A very informal setting and they have a number of items kids usually enjoy.

Have fun!

Hikini:D

Kids don't have to order from the kids menu, do they???

Sorry for the seemingly ridiculous question but it's my first time on NCL and my kids (8 + 10) would die if they were limited to a kids menu!!! Usually, if they don't like the menu, they just order the standard, always available, chicken/steak options.

Thanks.

PS - nice collared polo shirts and twill shorts (long) with nice fishermans sandals okay for the dining room??? Asked previously but I just want to make sure before I pack.

Sorry for the seemingly ridiculous question but it's my first time on NCL and my kids (8 + 10) would die if they were limited to a kids menu!!! Usually, if they don't like the menu, they just order the standard, always available, chicken/steak options.

Thanks.

PS - nice collared polo shirts and twill shorts (long) with nice fishermans sandals okay for the dining room??? Asked previously but I just want to make sure before I pack.

Kids can order from what ever menu they like, or even a combination of them.

The polo shirts will be fine, I'm not sure about the long twill shorts???

:)

Both kids and adults can orders from either menu....or even mix and match. My dw on several occasions has ordered the fruit or desert from the kids menu with her dinner. My daughter is adventurous and ften orders items from adult menu along with a meal from kids.....I often end up eating art of hers too (i hate to waste food). But this is a way for her to try new and unusual things.

My girls would also "die" if they HAD to order off the kids menu LOL. :D They will on occasion if nothing looks good on the regular menu though.

On our last cruise they tried escargot - and actaully liked it! I didn't. Thought it was way too oily.

Thanks for posting the menu offerings. Looks like good choices.

~Connie

There is Mac n chees on the kids menu now, we were on the Dawn in mid-Feb (2/12-2/23).

One thing we found interesting, the kids' entrees are, overall, larger than an adult entrees. Strange, but true. The steak on the kids' menu is good, better than the meat offering on the adult menu some night. My kids ordered from both menus, no problem.

Thanks.

Kids can order from either menu. FYI, in the pay specialty restaurants, if you order from the children's menu, there is no charge for the kids. If you order from the regular menu for the kids, they will charge.

I would do long twill pants, not shorts in the dining rooms. On our cruise, I saw several people turned away from Aqua when there kids were in shorts. Shorts are fine for buffet and blue lagoon.

Kids can order from either menu. FYI, in the pay specialty restaurants, if you order from the children's menu, there is no charge for the kids. If you order from the regular menu for the kids, they will charge.

I would do long twill pants, not shorts in the dining rooms. On our cruise, I saw several people turned away from Aqua when there kids were in shorts. Shorts are fine for buffet and blue lagoon.

I did not know that there were children's menus in the pecialty restaurants. Last year we hsd our grandchildren ( 2 and 4 ) in Teppanyaki and we ordered from the regular menu. We are travelling with them again in Nov. and they are a little difficult in the dining room. Would like to feed them before we go to dinner, so that they could go to camp. We will be in a PH suite and I was wondering if dinner could be sent from Gatsbys each night. I know they would enjoy lamb chops and. steak and they could eat in the suite. I think it would be more calm for them than in one of the dining rooms.

I did not know that there were children's menus in the pecialty restaurants. Last year we hsd our grandchildren ( 2 and 4 ) in Teppanyaki and we ordered from the regular menu. We are travelling with them again in Nov. and they are a little difficult in the dining room. Would like to feed them before we go to dinner, so that they could go to camp. We will be in a PH suite and I was wondering if dinner could be sent from Gatsbys each night. I know they would enjoy lamb chops and. steak and they could eat in the suite. I think it would be more calm for them than in one of the dining rooms.

If you're in a PH, you can order ANYTHING for the kids. Even if there's nothing on any menu that appeals to you, just ask your butler. I'm assuming you're in an AB PH? We took our kids in an AB last June and we absolutely loved it. One morning, I was really in the mood for Eggs Benedict. I called our wonderful butler, Lani, and asked for it even though it wasn't on the menu and she said no problem. 15 minutes later, there she was with my perfectly cooked eggs benedict!

Even though all the menus had such great selections, our kids (2 and 7) ordered the same thing almost every night: chicken nuggets (shaped like dinosaurs) and curly fries. Also, make sure to check out the kids buffet in the Garden cafe. All the kids favorites: hamburgers, chicken nuggets, fries, pizza, etc. You are going to have a FABULOUS time!

I was on the Dawn May '05 with my 2 little girls, they were 3 and 5 at the time. We went to several of the specialty restaurants and the children's menu was always available. My girls are not adventurous eaters, so this worked out great for us. Have a great time!

Archived