Testing difference between 13 nights Panama Canal cruise vs 13 nights TA cruise

seapad

Wondering if people have thoughts on why RCL has very different testing protocols on a 13 nights Panama Canal (LA to Tampa) - requires testing but NO supervision/proctored required.

But a 13 nights TA cruise (from Rome to FLL) requires proctored testing? 

Can't figure out the logic....anyone? Thanks in advance! 

9 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

The first cruise involves two US ports. The second sailing could be based on the international regulations/requirements for Rome. 

There's no testing requirements at all for Rome or any of the ports in Spain. In fact, cruises that go out from Rome or Spain do not require proctored tests, just self-test is fine. Hence I'm wondering the logic. 
If RCL is concerned about too far-away proximity from land (which I'd understand), but then why would they allow self test for Panama cruises? Doe not seem to be consistent to me. 

On 9/30/2022 at 6:56 PM, seapad said:

There's no testing requirements at all for Rome or any of the ports in Spain. In fact, cruises that go out from Rome or Spain do not require proctored tests, just self-test is fine. Hence I'm wondering the logic. 
If RCL is concerned about too far-away proximity from land (which I'd understand), but then why would they allow self test for Panama cruises? Doe not seem to be consistent to me. 

I don’t understand either.  We are fully vaxed and boosted.  Leaving from Spain on a 12 day TA and have to have a proctored test.  It isn’t logical.

If you are on the previous cruise doing a b2b no test.🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1