Cocoa Beach - How to get there from Port Canaveral?

pattycake08

First want to say, I looked through Forums & didn't see anything on this.  We are cruising on Anthem In October from NJ, and our first stop is Port Canaveral.  We have no interest in going to Kennedy Space Center, but may want to check out Cocoa Beach.  I saw something on line that said a taxi from the port to the beach is around $35.00.   Is that for 2 people or each person, and do you know if there are shuttles like when visiting the Caribbean that may be a little cheaper?  Has anyone gone to this beach that can weigh in are there umbrellas & chairs for rent?  How is the air/water temperature at end of October? If too cold, may not be worth going.

Sure, taxis but Uber, Lyft will be cheaper and nicer IMO.

As a local, I ride the frequent SCAT bus (Route 9) whenever I am out exercising and get caught in a storm (or to/from Happy Hour at times!). These are nice buses from Cocoa Beach to/from Cape Canaveral and only $1.50 per ride. About 30 minutes waiting at stops if you miss one.  

There is a stop right at Terminal 1 (where you should dock) and several in Cocoa Beach near the water. 

GEORGE J KING BLVD/ FLOUNDER ST (NE CORNER)

I suggest you hop off/on at Publix for an easy walk to the Cocoa Beach Pier. Yes, they have beach items for rent near most lifeguard stations. The water may be a bit cold for many locals in late October but visitors swim anyway! And Canadians swim even in January!

N ATLANTIC AVE @ CORNERSTONE PLAZA

Info here - https://321transit.com/bus-route/route-9/14/weekday/schedule

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shirleys8 said:

Hello, I’m looking for info on car rental from port canaveral when we arrive on anthem as we would like to go to Orlando for the day.  Are there any rental companies close by.

thanks

Yes, you can walk to National, Alamo, Enterprise from Terminal 1. O.5 miles. But they and Avis and Budget have shuttles too.

OqBIzxC9afMLFwGQXbAgeyX4so1OdL_8PdVfeBQ6

• Like 1