HEALTHY RETURN TO SAILING - ANTARCTICA - updated 29 September 2022

sloopjohnb

I hadn't seen any notification about this change but thought I'd check, as I was about to book our pre-boarding tests.

https://www.silversea.com/lp-silversea-hrts-consumer-10.html

"To embark on a Silversea vessel, all guests aged 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks before embarking on the vessel. Guests must bring proof of vaccination or boarding will be denied."

"Guests embarking on a Silversea vessel who are fully vaccinated or up-to-date are no longer required to present a negative PCR or Antigen test."

The guidance gives a link https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/

to the Chilean government travel site which was updated on 30 September

"At the time of embarking to Chile, the person must comply with the following:

Certificate of vaccination issued in the country where he/she was vaccinated.
    If the traveler does not have the vaccination schedule for their country, they must show a negative result in a PCR test within a maximum of 48 hours from departure.
    Those who are under 18 years of age do not have any requirements to enter Chile."

and in the FAQs, the website clarifies

"Do I need a mobility pass to travel within Chile?

According to current regulations, you only need a Mobility Pass to enter Rapa Nui."

Obviously no-one should accept advice from some random guy on the internet so check it yourselves, folks!

Johnny

• Like 1

I visited Chile in February when their Covid protocols were in full force. The amount of time, stress and paperwork was overwhelming and the stories from travelers that missed a form were crazy. They sent them home on the next plane. Oh and this was for a family of 4 with 2 kids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1