Cabin under lido Mardi Gras

twentypearls

Can anyone that has had a cabin on Mardi Gras, deck 15, under lido marketplace, tell me how the noise was? I waited too late to book with cabins above and below. And I’ve heard that this deck can be a bad place to book, depending on what’s exactly about you. Thanks!

It wasn't on a Carnival ship but we had a cabin right below a seating section of the buffet. We take afternoon naps and we heard very loud continuous scraping and dragging sounds the whole time.

So bad I had to put in earplugs and a pillow over my head. If I hadn't been in my cabin during the afternoon it would have been fine since that's the only time I ever heard the noises. Not in the morning and not at night.

• Like 1

I can't speak directly to the Mardi Gras but we actually like being in a cabin under the seating areas on the deck just below the Lido Marketplace.  On most ship classes, that gets us the extended overhang balcony providing additional shade for us.  It also makes you about a minute from a coffee or lemonade.  So on a typical Conquest/Sunshine class, we routinely do Deck 8 if we do a Balc.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, twentypearls said:

Can anyone that has had a cabin on Mardi Gras, deck 15, under lido marketplace, tell me how the noise was? I waited too late to book with cabins above and below. And I’ve heard that this deck can be a bad place to book, depending on what’s exactly about you. Thanks!

We have had 15471 twice now and the only issue is that you can hear the bolt but it does not run all night so we actually love the room location and therefore having it twice

• Like 1

We had 15315... luckily these were right under where deck 16 cabins started.

As for the bolt coaster... all you really hear is a hum and it is not that loud.  It also seemed to be down a lot.  I do not think I saw it run during the week we were on the ship.  I know it ran because occasionally you would hear it but I never actually saw it run.

On a side note... we did enjoy watching the flying fish from the balcony on the trip back to canaveral.

• Like 1