Moet Chandon imperial champagne

bmlovell

Can I take this to my cabin we have purchased the premium plus 

beverage package. I’m buying a bottle here at home to see if I enjoy it before my Oct 22 joy to Bermuda . Getting excited! If any one has a suggestion of a red wine in the package I’m going to try it , not a red wine drinker but thought I could try a few glasses here and there to broaden my pallet. Thanks for any advice and guidance.

52 minutes ago, bmlovell said:

beverage package. I’m buying a bottle here at home to see if I enjoy it before my Oct 22 joy to Bermuda . Getting excited! If any one has a suggestion of a red wine in the package I’m going to try it , not a red wine drinker but thought I could try a few glasses here and there to broaden my pallet. Thanks for any advice and guidance.

Earlier this year I had (IIRC) the Bodegas Federico Paternina TEMPRANILLO “Banda Roja” Reserva Rioja and thought it was excellent.  Looking through a list that I found online I don't see any reds that I would turn my nose up at.  I can't recall if I've tried the NCL East & West on a previous cruise, but I might avoid that simply because if you love it you'll be out of luck trying to find it back at home!...

Not sure of the answer to your first question.

Edited by Karaboudjan
  • Thanks 1

Pre-pandemic, we had the premium plus package and took full advantage of the bottle of wine at dinner. We would start with a bottle of sparkling wine and then order a bottle of red or white to go with our entrees. If we didn't drink both bottles, we took them back to our room to enjoy later.

Pro tip: If you think you'll have (temporarily) leftover sparkling wine, pack a champagne stopper.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CurtandLeslie said:

Pre-pandemic, we had the premium plus package and took full advantage of the bottle of wine at dinner. We would start with a bottle of sparkling wine and then order a bottle of red or white to go with our entrees. If we didn't drink both bottles, we took them back to our room to enjoy later.

Pro tip: If you think you'll have (temporarily) leftover sparkling wine, pack a champagne stopper.

Yes so funny you mention the the champagne sloppy DH just got one for our trip ,thanks 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bmlovell said:

Last year the wine list was different and they had a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape which I really enjoyed.  Now it's a different winery and only by the glass.  But ultimately, you may hate what I like. 

I'd recommend sitting at The Cellars wine bar and having them serve you different things until you zero in on what you enjoy.  Or ask the sommelier for recommendations.  Better still, before you leave for the cruise, if there's a decent wine shop near you, they probably have tastings.  Take advantage.  I'm far from a wine snob but I learned a little from going to a few of those and talking to staffers who are more knowledgeable (and passionate) about the topic than I am.  And most places weren't trying to sell me an expensive bottle, I think the most I spent was in the low $20s, with most even cheaper.  I learned to always make sure I have several bottles of Cote du Rhone on hand.  Inexpensive, full bodied, and everyone seems to enjoy it.

Edited by phillygwm

12 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Last year the wine list was different and they had a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape which I really enjoyed.  Now it's a different winery and only by the glass.  But ultimately, you may hate what I like. 

I'd recommend sitting at The Cellars wine bar and having them serve you different things until you zero in on what you enjoy.  Or ask the sommelier for recommendations.  Better still, before you leave for the cruise, if there's a decent wine shop near you, they probably have tastings.  Take advantage.  I'm far from a wine snob but I learned a little from going to a few of those and talking to staffers who are more knowledgeable (and passionate) about the topic than I am.  And most places weren't trying to sell me an expensive bottle, I think the most I spent was in the low $20s, with most even cheaper.  I learned to always make sure I have several bottles of Cote du Rhone on hand.  Inexpensive, full bodied, and everyone seems to enjoy it.

Fantastic idea I will definitely try that , appreciate the idea and information.

On the Dawn a couple of weeks ago they had the Chateauneuf du Pape by the bottle at dinner. It was very good.

I echo the advice to go to Cellars and just try things. That is basically what we spent our evenings doing for most of our cruise. 🙂

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

On the Dawn a couple of weeks ago they had the Chateauneuf du Pape by the bottle at dinner. It was very good.

Interesting.  I'm on the Joy next week.  Looking at the Premium Plus list I didn't see it but, of course, actual selection often varies.  Hopefully I'll luck out as you did.