Classic drink packages for people under 21?

choppe

We are going on a cruise out of LA but the only stops are in the Mexican Riveria.  When I was looking at drink packages, my planner will allow me to add the classic package for my 19 year old.  Is says must be 18 y/o.  Is that right?  I know the typical rules depend what port you leave out of - US, European, etc.  Could it be because we don't stop at any US ports or is it a glitch?

TIA - Christine.

3 hours ago, choppe said:

We are going on a cruise out of LA but the only stops are in the Mexican Riveria.  When I was looking at drink packages, my planner will allow me to add the classic package for my 19 year old.  Is says must be 18 y/o.  Is that right?  I know the typical rules depend what port you leave out of - US, European, etc.  Could it be because we don't stop at any US ports or is it a glitch?

TIA - Christine.

Post a snapshot of where it says 18 or older. I'm curious to see where you saw that.

4 hours ago, choppe said:

TIA - Christine.

Glitch.  

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Post a snapshot of where it says 18 or older. I'm curious to see where you saw that.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/before-you-board

As others have said, it's where you embark that matters, not where you're going.   U.S. = 21

Edited by canderson
Clarity

I used to think that all cruises leaving from the US had a drinking age of 21+, but Norwegian will allow under 21 and (I think) over 18 to drink if they have  permission from a parent who is travelling with them and Virgin Voyages allows all passengers (who must be 18 or over anyway) to drink once in international waters even when leaving from US.  

Edited by rebeccac

Different cruiselines have different rules.  This rule has been the same on Celebrity for many many years and has not changed.

Sadly information received from Celebrity via their website is often in error and sometimes contradictory or unclear.  For example their mobile site has differences in Captain's Club benefits from the full site.  We have received checkin details for cruises that Celebrity has cancelled weeks before.

22 minutes ago, choppe said:

Hopefully you can see it ok