Sometimes a TA is worth their weight in gold...

So we booked connecting oceanview cabins on the glory.  Wife and I in one, older kids in the other. We did it this way in case we would like to add cheers for us (oldest child is 21, and doesn't drink at all). Carnival website clearly says this is ok.

I called TA to book.  She said she would have to put me on hold and call carnival to book to make sure it's noted correctly that parents are in the connecting cabin. Bookings are made and we hang up. 

Today, a week later, I go to look at excursions and find the kids cabin is gone.  I call my TA. TA sees it on their end, but checks the carnival system and sees it gone also. TA puts me on hold,  calls carnival. When TA comes back I'm told it was canceled because the carnival csr who made the booking failed to notate it correctly.  TA then said they were able to get the cabin back for me with a temporary hold.  

Temporary because the current rate was over $450 more and they would have to escalate it to get my rate back, and would call me back within a couple of hours. 

TA calls back about an hour later.  They got my rate back, confirmed it was notated correctly, and I got an extra $50 obc for my troubles.

• Like 12