$500 fines for Rowdy Behaviour

One thing I've noticed when watching these "Brawl Videos" is how woefully unprepared security seems to be when dealing with this. (I'm not picking on Carnival here, all lines have brawls to some degree and the security response is similar). 

There needs to be "Zero Tolerance" with this. Nobody has the right to put their hands on anybody else. Put them off at the next port.

Edited by Island Dog
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

There needs to be "Zero Tolerance" with this. Nobody has the right to put their hands on anybody else. Put them off at the next port.

100% agree. It's a safety issue for everyone around them and the crew trying to separate the fight as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, notscb said:

100% agree. It's a safety issue for everyone around them and the crew trying to separate the fight as well.

And sometimes it seems Security is more interested in stopping people from filming instead of breaking up the fight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

And sometimes it seems Security is more interested in stopping people from filming instead of breaking up the fight.

I've noticed that- and wonder if it's because security isn't empowered to actually touch passengers or something? Or if they're directed to try to de-escalate in other ways before engaging? With everyone recording these days, the actions of the crew could get the cruise line in deeper water than the fight itself.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, notscb said:

I've noticed that- and wonder if it's because security isn't empowered to actually touch passengers or something? Or if they're directed to try to de-escalate in other ways before engaging? With everyone recording these days, the actions of the crew could get the cruise line in deeper water than the fight itself.

IF that's true then our cruise contracted needs to be tweaked to provide Security with proper police authority onboard.  Reasonable physical force and shipboard arrest power, as necessary.

Edited by jsglow
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Djptcp said:

Passengers who exhibit violent behavior likes fights that have happened on Carnival should be put off at the next port, a $500 fine just isn't enough. DH and I experienced a drunk passenger one evening in the smoking section outside who started yelling at us because we wouldn't talk to him. He had gone from people to people and everyone ignored him. I guess his anger issues had increased exponentially when he reached us. He was not only horribly foul in his language but he started toward us and threatened to throw DH over the railing! We were on our way to get security when he disappeared and we never saw him again. Terroristic threats are intolerable and, if found, he should have been put off the ship at the next port. There is so much violence and hate these days and we don't need more of it when on vacation. 

Thats awful and agree this idiot took it to another extreme of rowdy and violent behavior that should have gotten him booted off the ship

Thanks for sharing your story 

Edited by Cruise till you drop

I was skeptical when I first read this because I assumed nothing would be enforced. I was wrong. I just got off Radiance last Friday. One day while out by the pool DJ Scratchy (love the name!) was DJ'ing and everyone was dancing. Right in the middle of the song he turns off the music and looks to his right and says "someone over there is smoking. I can smell it. Security will be called. There is a $500 fine". Then he turned the music back up. I was shocked. Didn't hear or see anything else so I guess the person stopped. Or left.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

I was skeptical when I first read this because I assumed nothing would be enforced. I was wrong. I just got off Radiance last Friday. One day while out by the pool DJ Scratchy (love the name!) was DJ'ing and everyone was dancing. Right in the middle of the song he turns off the music and looks to his right and says "someone over there is smoking. I can smell it. Security will be called. There is a $500 fine". Then he turned the music back up. I was shocked. Didn't hear or see anything else so I guess the person stopped. Or left.

DJ Snitchy on the case! Hopefully, since he's doubling on Security now, they taught him how to break up a fight in the dance club at 2 am when he's laying down the jams!