Harmony of the Seas HC Bathroom Problems

QuickieGlenn

Just got back from Royal Harmony of the Seas

I am a paraplegic using a WC fulltime for 30+ yrs (11 cruises)

whoever layed out the bathroom does not have a clue about what is needed

The grab bars are too tall and I am 6ft-1, they put a phone on the wall 2" over the grab bar right where you would brab to transfer onto the toilet

The floor has such a pitch that you need to hold on or put your brakes on so you dont smash into the wall or shower (while at dock)

No grab bar that folds down in front of you in the shower

They placed the mount for the hand held shower head right where you adjust the temperature, so one wrong move and you either freeze or get really hot water

and if you go to Cococay be prepared not to get close to any ocean as they only have a loop that is paved unless you want to leave yhour chair unattended and go off in a beach wheelchair , all the rest of the island you need to go thru the sand to get anywhere

Just a heads up for Harmony cruisers

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_2031.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

I have found similar issues with hotels, businesses, etc. that advertise as accessible.  I think most places just check off some boxes or list of accessible features when building without any idea of what might actually work for a person who is disabled.  There needs to be some type of review board that has wheelchair users and other disabled persons reviewing accessible features in a building or ship.

• Thanks 1

It would be helpful to know what cabin number  you were in as I was also on the Harmony and our bathroom was laid out completely differently and was wonderful. I too am a para with many cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 1:24 PM, JSR said:

It would be helpful to know what cabin number  you were in as I was also on the Harmony and our bathroom was laid out completely differently and was wonderful. I too am a para with many cruises.

Room 9172, balcony room